The Student Room Group

What do you think of these shopping trolleys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Add!ction
*gasp* Where can I buy one?! I can put a bell on it and have tassels on the the seat handles.

Aye, trendsetter indeed :tongue:

I'll be compelled to greet you with some jibe about how your arthritis must be flaring up again, though.
I always just took a backpack, heavier stuff in there, lighter/ bulkier things in a normal plastic bag :dontknow: Unless you plan on buying a load of big bottles of coke and huge bags of rice, it's perfectly manageable :p:
Reply 22
Original post by So Instinct
I can't speak for females but I'm sure if any guys are looking they'll probs be more interested in you than the trolly :lol:

The Polka dot doesn't help your case though. Go for something plain me says.

Aha I suppose it is a talking point or any potential suitors out there.

Might just get a big back pack then guys, lets hope my spine survives.
Reply 23
Well my mum thought it was a good idea! She is going to be bitterly disappointed...
My mum always makes me pull one of these whenever i go food shopping with her, i really don't like them as i do only really see old ladies having them :tongue:

However they can be really useful, so if you are buying a lot of food then it would be convenient. Getting a patterned one does definitely look better than a normal black one:^_^:
Reply 25
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
My mum always makes me pull one of these whenever i go food shopping with her,^_^

gosh really? I'd suggest she shops alone!
Reply 26
I think your trolley is cool and you shouldn't be afraid of being "outcasted" because it's soooo not 2013 (nor 2012 actually but whatever :biggrin:) but I think Jelephant made a point : a trolley can only be used to bring food whereas a backpack can be used for many occasions... Where are you going to store your trolley ? Maybe you can also use it as a laundry basket I don't know...
Original post by LolaLowe
gosh really? I'd suggest she shops alone!

Haha she's just recently had a baby so she can't pull it anymore. Not the most flattering thing to have to pull around but guess its better than carrying loads of heavy bags :tongue:
Reply 28
Right people, I've sorted it. My mother has just reminded me that I have a bike, so that, a back pack and some panniers should do me just fine.

This thread was a bit of a waste of time, sorry :colondollar:
Reply 29
Right people, I've sorted it. My mother has just reminded me that I have a bike, so that, a back pack and some panniers should do me just fine.

no it was interesting, I had no idea anyone still made them!

if they are all the rage at the festivals this year we'll know who started the ball rolling! :smile:
My flatmate has one! Go for it!
Reply 31
Original post by Mockery
In that case you might as well kill two birds with one stone.

You'll no longer have to walk!

I nearly got run over by one of those in morrisons the other day - they are deadly!
Reply 32
Original post by rachiriot
My flatmate has one! Go for it!

But do people laugh at him/her?
But do people laugh at him/her?

Nope! Honestly, people don't care that much about this kinda stuff! :smile:
Reply 34
it's cute
Reply 35

Ah, been there, done that. Make sure to at least try to fill them with equal weights. :tongue:

Cycling with all that weight is easier said than done.

I think the trolley idea was fine. If you emblazon it with something that shows you're ironically self-aware then you could turn a fashion disaster into a triumph.
Reply 37

Hi, I know I didn't help you earlier on but how about you get a medium trendy suitcase so you won't be judged for it. I think it will be a great compromise between health and fashion.
PS suitcase which has an extendable handle to drag it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Mockery
In that case you might as well kill two birds with one stone.

You'll no longer have to walk!

Man that'd be brilliant. Taking laziness to new heights.

OP, I'd just go for it tbh. It's practical and you get nice ones as you said.
Reply 39
Original post by Precious Illusions
Man that'd be brilliant. Taking laziness to new heights.

OP, I'd just go for it tbh. It's practical and you get nice ones as you said.

It also looks very unstable, would be a shame if someone were to just, tip you over.

Fun fact: you're 6 off being the person who has quoted me the most, I have plenty of other week old posts you can reply to :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest