The Student Room Group

Favourite Alcoholic Drink

What is your favourite drink?

Scroll to see replies

For general drinks either a double vodka and diet coke or strawberry and lime cider. For shots, sambucca.
Toilet wine.
Reply 3
Ooh really depends on the mood I'm in.

First beer was when I was 6 (although it was a Carlsberg so I'm allowed to hate it!). But now I'm really into my ales at the moment - Hobgoblin, Doom Bar, Bishops Finger, and to a smaller extent, Abbott (but really only because it's £2.10 a pint at the pub and who's going to say not to that?!).

Also on summer days, I do like the odd mojito here and there, plus I make a lovely Blue Lagoon that my dad taught me - Vodka, Blue Curacao, Lemonade and Pineapple. And a couple of other things. The exact recipe remains an unsharable family secret!

Also, if you haven't tried Absolut citrus vodka with elderflower cordial and apple juice, try it - it tastes great, just like those stripey rowntree ice lollies we used to get back in the day!

Also for the whiskey people out there, definitely give Talisker a shot (ooh, unintentional pun WIN!) - it's the only single malt from the Isle of Skye and it's super super smooth.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by XMaramena
Ooh really depends on the mood I'm in.

First beer was when I was 6 (although it was a Carlsberg so I'm allowed to hate it!). But now I'm really into my ales at the moment - Hobgoblin, Doom Bar, Bishops Finger, and to a smaller extent, Abbott (but really only because it's £2.10 a pint at the pub and who's going to say not to that?!).

Also on summer days, I do like the odd mojito here and there, plus I make a lovely Bombay Sapphire that my dad taught me - Vodka, Blue Curacao, Lemonade and Pineapple. And a couple of other things. The exact recipe remains an unsharable family secret!

Also, if you haven't tried Absolut citrus vodka with elderflower cordial and apple juice, try it - it tastes great, just like those stripey rowntree ice lollies we used to get back in the day!

Also for the whiskey people out there, definitely give Talisker a shot (ooh, unintentional pun WIN!) - it's the only single malt from the Isle of Skye and it's super super smooth.

That the name of a well known gin already.
I really like cider. My absolute favorite is Brothers' Toffee Apple cider, it's so delicious and on a hot summer's day nothing can beat it.
Reply 6
Jesus, we're all middle-f*cking-class here, aren't we?
Reply 7
Original post by Prodigal son
That the name of a well known gin already.

Well that is very odd...

Not bombay sapphire - Blue Lagoon (My fast typing combined with my current alcohol intake must have gotten the better of me!)

And yes, Bombay Sapphire can be lovely with Fever Tree tonic and a slice of lemon peel as well.
Rum and coke/ double vodka lemonade/coke, cider (not strongbow)
Reply 9
Really, nobody here drinks whiskey? Or hard beer?
Reply 10
Real Ale, Continental beers, Brandy and Coke.
I usually just have a vodka mixer, boring but ohwell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by The Lost MC

Were you expecting people to be like "Tesco everyday value lager"? :lol:

As for me I like Southern Comfort. Or Sambuca if I want to get drunk quickly.
Reply 13
Original post by Precious Illusions
Were you expecting people to be like "Tesco everyday value lager"? :lol:

As for me I like Southern Comfort. Or Sambuca if I want to get drunk quickly.

I was expecting some people who could drink. Then I remembered that English and Welsh people are the majority on this site.

I meant like moonshine and high percentage beer that blinds you, and whiskey that cures that blindness while making your teeth fall out.
Reply 14
I was expecting some people who could drink. Then I remembered that English and Welsh people are the majority on this site.

I meant like moonshine and high percentage beer that blinds you, and whiskey that cures that blindness while making your teeth fall out.

Hah. Yeah sorry to disappoint, think we're all just a bunch of pansies. :lol:

Talisker my friend, Talisker! It's the ****s!
Reply 17
Ermmm, traditionally into my lagers, Carlsberg is my main one atm, but it seems to change brand every couple of years.

Recently been getting into my real ales especially Bitter and Pale ales (really the same thing :tongue:). Tetleys bitter is my usual drink down the pub.

Love my spirits. My favourite used to be sambuca... until I got chased out of a house party after having a few too many flaming ones.

As a kid I loved cider, had about 6-8 litres one night... didn't end well, hate the stuff now seeing it tastes the same coming up as it does to drink.

If I wanna go out and get pretty bladdered I usually go for vodka.... been known to drink a whole bottle on occasion before going out. Have to have mixers though, too may bad experiences having it straight. I like whiskey but since I left the YFC four years ago I stopped drinking it apart from the odd occasion. Never could stand the Kracken stuff.... I want to be able to enjoy my drink!

Love Jagermeister, remember having it for the first time in Austria.... they literally have it in medicine cabinets over there (seeing it's an anesthetic, laxative and cough medicine). However in the last four years it's really taken off over here and I just feel like a dick ordering it now.

Really enjoy absinthe but the stuff they sell over here on nights out is really weak when compared to the proper stuff. Either stuff is still too expensive to have all the time.

Bit better for you Lost MC?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18

Hard beer? not a term I've heard before...

If you mean super strength.... not many people have it, it tastes like a weird spirit like beer and has connotations with homeless alcoholics and street drinking.

You can get strong strength real ales, but finding a regular 6-7%+ is kinda hard, they usually special run beers, or pubs will tend not to continuously stock them. Never mind getting them from a supermarket!! The only real choice is getting them direct from the brewery if you want to drink it on a regular basis, but they tend to be a tad expensive.
Original post by DanB1991
Ermmm, traditionally into my lagers, Carlsberg is my main one atm, but it seems to change brand every couple of years.

Recently been getting into my real ales especially Bitter and Pale ales (really the same thing :tongue:). Tetleys bitter is my usual drink down the pub.

Love my spirits. My favourite used to be sambuca... until I got chased out of a house party after having a few too many flaming ones.

If I wanna go out and get pretty bladdered I usually go for vodka.... been known to drink a whole bottle on occasion before going out. Like whiskey but since I left the YFC four years ago I stopped drinking it apart from the odd occasion. Never could stand the Kracken stuff.... I want to be able to enjoy my drink!

Love Jagermeister, remember having it for the first time in Austria.... they literally have it in medicine cabinets over there (seeing it's an anesthetic, laxative and cough medicine). However in the last four years it's really taken off over here and I just feel like a dick ordering it now.

Really enjoy absinthe but the stuff they sell over here on nights out is really weak when compared to the proper stuff. Either stuff is still too expensive to have all the time.

Bit better for you Lost MC?

Jaeger Meister - Trooper's Protector/Master.

If you're getting interested in your ales, then definitely give Hobgoblin and - if it's on tap - Doom Bar a try (it should be available in most Wetherspoons as part of CAMRA).

Quick Reply

Latest