The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

To apply or not? HELP

Hey! So following is my case:

I had reapplied to LSE this year for Social Policy and Econ but was rejected due to personal statement not sounding convincing. I had applied in the 2011-12 admissions cycle at first for Econ but since I didnt study further math, the rejection wasnt quite a shock. I am planning to apply to general course this year and since I have already been rejected twice would it affect my chances for general course or most importantly for a post-grad application later?

I am a sophomore student studying Econ and Math btw. There are 2 years left until I graduate- is it worth applying to general course even if it means I may not get credit/ or would have to complete an extra semester or a year at my local uni?

Thank you in advance! Any advice would be appreciated
From what I've heard General Course has a reputation for being much easier to get on to than undergraduate programmes. Nevertheless, I'd recommend that you email or call them and ask - the benefits of knowing for sure whether its worth applying outweigh the cost that they may find out you're the same student who applied two times before (and they may keep a record anyway).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by blueconstellation
From what I've heard General Course has a reputation for being much easier to get on to than undergraduate programmes. Nevertheless, I'd recommend that you email or call them and ask - the benefits of knowing for sure whether its worth applying outweigh the cost that they may find out you're the same student who applied two times before (and they may keep a record anyway).

Thanks, I dont know how strictly they'll regard my application if I ask them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending