The Student Room Group

History Criteria - Knowledge - AS/A2

So my teacher said you get marks for names, dates and names of policies etc.

But implied you don't get rewarded for knowing specific statistics i.e. America stopped 95% of sugar supplies to Cuba when they accepted USSR's nuclear weapons to be stationed on Cuba.

Could you give me a list on what we get marks for knowledge on? It's important as it's a section in all 3 of the exams.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm currently studying A2 history through OCR and my teacher constantly tells us that we need to include statistics and facts within our answer. She says that of you're aiming for a high grade, these statistics put you forward from the rest.

I guess it's because of the analytical aspect of history exams, and the more statistics you are able to put in, the stronger your argument is.

Saying that, it is still very important to remember dates for as many events as possible, as well as key terms and policies.

Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending