The Student Room Group

IB Student wanting to get into medicine

Hiya, I was wondering if any of you do the IB and got into a med school? I'm taking biology and chemistry at HL and I was wondering if any of you got/is predicted a 7 in these subjects, if so, how do you study for it? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
I did the IB. You study for those subjects the same way you study for anything. There is no magic formula, you just need the syllabus, a textbook, to do past papers and have an attitude of hard work.
I also did IB, just received my second offer. Did HL bio and chem. my advice would be not to underestimate the syllabus outlines, if you use these and some good concise revision guides, you should be fine. I revised by making detailed notes on every topic for bio, chem is harder so i just did every single past paper i could find and filled in the gaps. So just use the syllabus and do a lot of past papers.
Reply 3
I do IB and I got my offer for medicine in Nottingham :smile:. As people said before, you just need to study as hard as you can for your grades and prepare well for your interview. And have a bit of luck too :P
Reply 4
Thank you guys for replying! It's helped a lot! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending