The Student Room Group

She's making a claim

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
sorry to be blunt but

your insurance company are gonna have to payout that's the whole point of insurance - for them to indemnify you in these situation

also don't bother with reporting to police as nothing happened in the scene and if you do report now they will either say let the insurers deal with it or they might try do you for DWC
Original post by ameelia22
You think i'll be OK? :frown:

Has my ncb still gone out the window if they do suss out she's full of ****?

Can i actually press claims for her *******s?

I don't know. I hope so. :console: And sorry mate, I don't know what an NCB is. Presumably your NCB wouldn't go out the window if they do suss it out. And yes, you can claim slander- she has committed slander against you which is a crime of false testimony against someone to damage someone's reputation (or get money out of them). I know it's an extreme example but a family friend of mine got accusations put all over FB by his ex claiming he was a paedophile who abused their kid to get people to avoid him but she got sussed out and eventually she admitted she lied- but even after the confession, she still got done for slander and because she had badly neglected her children, done drugs and committed slander against an innocent man, she got ****ed by the law. I'm glad she did too. But yeah, this woman has slandered you so you can get her done for that. CAN. But you don't have to. Balance out everyone else's advice first. For all I know it could be a waste of time going to the police, after all, like Prolite said, they might get you done for DWC, whatever that is- which sucks. So I don't know. :dontknow: It's not really fair on you and she is so pathetic. Good luck in sorting it all out. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by ameelia22
Hey, thanks for your reply. Did I mention I have a box? A box that tracks my speed and will make it clear that I wasn't over 5mph? And also that the accident took place on Wednesday. She only rang up today?

Are you saying that based on the accident, they could let me keep my NCB if they also smell BS? (or is that just the most stupid suggestion i've ever made?)

It seems like I've just been caught out by someone that knows how to play the system and I should just let my insurers deal with it, which is frustrating because she's so full of **** and considering the number of other people that also have to put up with this nonsense, more should be done to prevent stuff like this.

Thanks for all of your help, I'm really appreciating all the advice I can get whilst I completely sit at home and freak the hell out.

If you are using those black box type insurance, it is quite likely that the insurance company will have the data they need to not pay out.

Recently my daughter who drives my car in UK had something very similar. While waiting for a parking lot, the very car that was coming out of that lot reversed into it. There was some damage to the other car to which the woman driving it said to not worry about it as she didn't want to have an incident report as it would affect her insurance. A week later she changed her story to the police and that her car was hit from behind and caused significant damage, also claimed for whiplash. I told her to show me pictures of the damage to her car as we didn't take any pictures. Truth be told, my daughter didn't think of taking any pictures at the time. She showed some pictures of her car with more damages, as if she had purposely reversed into a stationary bus at higher speeds to inflict those damages.

Insurance company said they checked the data and damage to her car was inconsistent with the speeds involved. Said at the exact time of the incident the car was stationary therefore speeds were simply too low for whiplash injury. If you were doing under 5mph it is unlikely the car would have suffered any damages and more than likely the black box registered the car moving at 1-2mph as it uses GPS where the speedometer in a car normally over-reads.

The insurance company did say that since the car in front refuses to acknowledge that it was reversing out of a parking bay then as the car at the back we'd have to pay up to 50% of the damage of their vehicle. I called up that woman and told her we had CCTV footage from the supermarket and that unless she withdrew her claim I was heading to the nearest police station to make a report for making a false statement. She withdrew her claim immediately. We did report her anyway and gave the police the video recording from our dash-cam app which clearly showed her reversing into our car.

If your black box is a fairly recent one, then it records a surprisingly high amount of details so do pursue your insurance company about it.

You don't have anything to lose at this point.
Reply 43
Original post by Alfissti
If you are using those black box type insurance, it is quite likely that the insurance company will have the data they need to not pay out.

Recently my daughter who drives my car in UK had something very similar. While waiting for a parking lot, the very car that was coming out of that lot reversed into it. There was some damage to the other car to which the woman driving it said to not worry about it as she didn't want to have an incident report as it would affect her insurance. A week later she changed her story to the police and that her car was hit from behind and caused significant damage, also claimed for whiplash. I told her to show me pictures of the damage to her car as we didn't take any pictures. Truth be told, my daughter didn't think of taking any pictures at the time. She showed some pictures of her car with more damages, as if she had purposely reversed into a stationary bus at higher speeds to inflict those damages.

Insurance company said they checked the data and damage to her car was inconsistent with the speeds involved. Said at the exact time of the incident the car was stationary therefore speeds were simply too low for whiplash injury. If you were doing under 5mph it is unlikely the car would have suffered any damages and more than likely the black box registered the car moving at 1-2mph as it uses GPS where the speedometer in a car normally over-reads.

The insurance company did say that since the car in front refuses to acknowledge that it was reversing out of a parking bay then as the car at the back we'd have to pay up to 50% of the damage of their vehicle. I called up that woman and told her we had CCTV footage from the supermarket and that unless she withdrew her claim I was heading to the nearest police station to make a report for making a false statement. She withdrew her claim immediately. We did report her anyway and gave the police the video recording from our dash-cam app which clearly showed her reversing into our car.

If your black box is a fairly recent one, then it records a surprisingly high amount of details so do pursue your insurance company about it.

You don't have anything to lose at this point.

Wow, really appreciate your post there Alfissti particularly as someone who also has experience of the black box. The main difference between my situation and yours is that I did cause an accident (however tiny) and I have admitted my fault, whereas your daughter was at no fault whatsoever. She has admitted that there is no damage to the body work of her car, except my bump has allegedly caused her boot lock to break.

What I am hoping is that you are correct in saying that they will pick up on that my car was going so slowly, it could not possibly have caused enough damage to cause her boot lock to be unable to latch properly and for her to have this whiplash. Would you say this was a reasonable hope? Would you also believe she is also claiming that our car bump caused her son to have "headaches".

Due to the tiny scale of the accident and my absolutely dire naïvety in thinking everything was fine, as she assured me - I did nothing. I took no details, took no pictures, nothing. She saw a very frightened teenage girl who was possibly way over her head in this claims business and is absolutely exploiting it for all it's worth. If you ignore the fact that she is a mindless cold liar, I almost admire her opportunism. Anyway, I wouldn't be able to contact her if I tried, although there is not much I would contact her for, but hats off to you completely for sticking it to her.

I so so hope this works out.
Reply 44
Just got off the phone to the insurance again, they are confirming that I am definitely liable as I was moving before she was, something I have come to accept. I did try to appeal to the human half of the woman on the other end, but she said she really can't say how this could go but said she'd have to pass my form onto a different department because i've got a black box. I am just really really hoping they will see that I was going way to slow to cause any whiplash.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending