The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Withholding transcript of results behind paywall to alumni.

Graduated last academic year from Plymouth uni, currently doing a masters a royal holloway, and looking to do a PhD.

Plymouth uni informed us that we would lose our email privleges after the christmas break - no big deal all my email contacts were moved.

We also lost access to our uni accounts, including free access to our transcript of results which is needed to apply for PhD positions.

Currently the only way provided to get a transcript of results is to pay for a physical copy to be posted.

This is extortion! Is there another way to gain access to my results which were freely available a few months ago?
Reply 1
Original post by Benjas
Graduated last academic year from Plymouth uni, currently doing a masters a royal holloway, and looking to do a PhD.

Plymouth uni informed us that we would lose our email privleges after the christmas break - no big deal all my email contacts were moved.

We also lost access to our uni accounts, including free access to our transcript of results which is needed to apply for PhD positions.

Currently the only way provided to get a transcript of results is to pay for a physical copy to be posted.

This is extortion! Is there another way to gain access to my results which were freely available a few months ago?

Maybe contact your old tutor about it?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Loads of different universities charge for transcripts, otherwise universities would be inundated with requests for new transcripts. The charge is more to alleviate that than to squeeze pennies out of you...

They are pretty important documents, shoulda held onto it...
Reply 3
Original post by Lasuil
Maybe contact your old tutor about it?

I have, he unfortunatly didn't have a copy, and apparently didn't realise that the uni charged.

I'll see if my masters tutor has a copy from applications :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest