The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Met University Accomodation

I've firmed Man Met uni but having problems with Accomodation I want to be somewhere fun but my parents don't want me to be in Cambridge Halls which I know is the party place to be. I've spoke to some people I know who already go to the Uni and they said it's so good but I don't know what to do I'm not bothered about sharing a shower or toilet but my parents are so against it but I don't want to be in a boring building help meeeeeee
Reply 1
Hello, I'm in the same situation. Although instead of being a first year, I'm transferring for my 2nd. I wanted to be in Cambridge too, but I think I'll have too much work to be as social as in my first year. I have been looking at halls and went to their open day, I think Briarfield Hall looks pretty good.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Uni is not just about partying, you're paying a lot of money or your degree so you want to do the best you can. You'll still have fun no matter where you go.
Reply 3
Ive been at mmu before if your looking for halls close to the uni's and close to cambridge then you could choose oxford court these are en-suite plus close to all other halls but nicer.
Surely university accommodation is what you make of it? At the end of the day, It's just a building with a bed, a desk, a bathroom and a living area/kitchen.
Even if you end up in a flat that is quite quiet, you could be the one who gathers everyone for a last minute night out, or the starting the drinking games and making the new friends by knocking door to door, So I wouldn't worry, just pick the one that you honestly feel is right for you.

If you're parents don't want you to be at Cambridge but you're set on it, then apply for Cambridge, because university life will be focused around you, your need and your desires, and if you do and they moan, simply tell them that even though you applied, you may not get a room there as it could be full by the time rooms are allocated :smile:

I'll be applying for Victoria Halls, and that's purely because although I like the occasional party and night out, I like the home comforts of a small and cosy living space and my own bathroom, and I'd also rather have a nando's or domino's pizza now and again than the occasional fishbowl! :P
Original post by JenDeehan
I've firmed Man Met uni but having problems with Accomodation I want to be somewhere fun but my parents don't want me to be in Cambridge Halls which I know is the party place to be. I've spoke to some people I know who already go to the Uni and they said it's so good but I don't know what to do I'm not bothered about sharing a shower or toilet but my parents are so against it but I don't want to be in a boring building help meeeeeee

Although Cambridge halls is pretty party oriented, if you're looking for a hall that's going to be up for going out then look for one that's got quite a lot of people in it. In say oxford there's only 4 in each one, if two are not up for nights out then unless you make good friends with another flat you might be bored.

But have a talk with your parents, im in Cambridge and yes, it is very social but it's down to you if you're going to study or not... all my flatmates are doing just fine in Cambridge and we've had the best year of our lives...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending