The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield 2014 Applicants- Accomodation

I've confirmed Hud as my uni to start in September. All i need to do now is sort out my accommodation. Only thing is I dont know where to stay! Now...everybody says that 1st years go to Storthes Hall, but its so far away and its apparently not a very nice place to live. I've looked at places like Castings and Saw Mill which are actually in the city, they look amazing. The only thing im worried about is it being quiet and full of older students. and being someone who LOVES to have parties and go out, i want to live in that kind of environment. So should i suck it up and to to storthes, or will there be first years at places like Castings and Saw mil etc?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try aspley hall :smile: specify you want to be with first years, it's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lauren_ODP
Try aspley hall :smile: specify you want to be with first years, it's what I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

im coming aspley aswell :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by cooldude17
im coming aspley aswell :biggrin:

Cool, what you studying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lauren_ODP
Cool, what you studying

Posted from TSR Mobile

IT, how about u?
Reply 5
Operating department practice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It tends to be only first years at storthes as most people want to move out after the first year, I did my first year in aspley and got a flat with all first years. There are still plenty of first years at places other than storthes and it's a lot closer to town if you like the nightlife too.

For those coming to aspley, join our facebook group to meet potential flatmates and ask questions!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/518762858236538/
Reply 7
Has anyone else applied for The Castings? Im a first year and have just confirmed my room.
Reply 8
I'm a first year pharmacy student living at storthes hall and I love it! Please get in touch if you have any questions at all to do with uni! :smile:
Original post by TashaKosak
Has anyone else applied for The Castings? Im a first year and have just confirmed my room.

i have and im first year too! :smile:
Reply 10
All i I know so far is I'm on a second floor flat with 2 guys, and 2 other girls. Im in a 5 bed flat :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by TashaKosak
All i I know so far is I'm on a second floor flat with 2 guys, and 2 other girls. Im in a 5 bed flat :smile:

I am going to apply for Castings as it looks amazing was just worried that there would be no first years!
Reply 12
Hey,

I have applied for castings. Got to place my booking fee and going for a 5 bed flat. Really excited :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Han-W
Hey,

I have applied for castings. Got to place my booking fee and going for a 5 bed flat. Really excited :smile:

I am going to book a 5 bed flat to! never know might see you! what course are you doing?
Reply 14
Original post by clukey
I am going to book a 5 bed flat to! never know might see you! what course are you doing?

Drama :P
Reply 15
Try The Castings as it's very near to the University and it's new aswell. I'm applying there today.
Reply 16
Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, just chosen Huds as my first choice, was stuck on Storthes as they were much nicer than the ashenhurst....but then someone mentioned Aspley Halls...with a pool!!! Now I don't know what to do!
Original post by zainsovo
Try The Castings as it's very near to the University and it's new aswell. I'm applying there today.

What are you studying?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
The health professions foundation year going into ODP. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending