The Student Room Group

Things that make your heart crack when you see them

What are those little things, that when you see them, you feel your heart crack a little?

For me, it would be seeing either of my parents cry (probably because they're very strong people, emotionally), or seeing someone who had a miscarriage/gave birth to a stillborn.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Old people looking sad
Girls crying
Animals whimpering
Food being wasted
Poor people, especially in 3rd world countries (worst in my travels was in India)

:frown:
Animal abuse is pretty much the only thing that brings tears to my eyes. Animals in general are my weak spot. Video's like this always mess me up, damn you Russell Howard.

[video="youtube;O-fGVxSccus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-fGVxSccus[/video]

Dangit I feel myself going now...
(edited 10 years ago)
Elderly couples being affectionate. N'awwwww
old-couple-holding-hands.jpg

Or when they cry...aahh
Definitely gotta agree with the parents crying one. I've NEVER seen my dad cry in all my 16 years of living, not even when his dad passed. Rarely ever see mum cry, the worst was when her mum was given 24 hours to live :frown: crazy.

I don't like seeing loved ones upset, it makes me upset. Innocent babies/kids being treated like utter crap for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
An empty bottle of milk when I want tea.
Reply 6
Elderly people in restaurants eating alone. ALL the sads! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
When I see someone less fortunate that I can't help.
Reply 8
Original post by So Instinct
Animal abuse is pretty much the only thing that brings tears to my eyes. Animals in general are my weak spot. Video's like this always mess me up, damn you Russell Howard.

[video="youtube;O-fGVxSccus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-fGVxSccus[/video]

Dangit I feel myself going now...

+1 for animals.
Poor people :frown: I honestly wish every single person in the world was forfunate enough to have the basic necessities.

It makes me sick when I see how spoilt kids are today when some are dying of hunger in third world countries.

Child abuse

Disabled people

I also hate seeing my relatives hurt. It makes me want to cry. I would do anything to see my family happy forever.
(edited 10 years ago)
Animal abuse fo' sho'. It's the worst.
Lonely people. :sad:
Children crying.
Animal abuse.
Beauty.
Original post by WeirdlyWonderful
Definitely gotta agree with the parents crying one. I've NEVER seen my dad cry in all my 16 years of living, not even when his dad passed. Rarely ever see mum cry, the worst was when her mum was given 24 hours to live :frown: crazy.

I don't like seeing loved ones upset, it makes me upset. Innocent babies/kids being treated like utter crap for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right!
I've only ever seen my dad cry once, when he lost his dad.

Never used to see my mum cry either, but we've had major **** going on in our family for a while now, and she'll cry to me when she needs to :frown:

Seen my dad shed a tear or two over us kids aswell when he thought noone was looking :redface:
Babies crying and their parents doing nothing to try and stop them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Animal abuse fo' sho'. It's the worst.

Original post by Maid Marian
Lonely people. :sad:
Children crying.
Animal abuse.
Beauty.

Seems like you guys are forgetting child abuse which is much worse than animal abuse.
I had a chocolate chip cookie this morning that only had one chocolate chip in it. At that moment my heart cracked in two. Devastating :frown:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Seems like you guys are forgetting child abuse which is much worse than animal abuse.

Children are technically animals. :fyi:

Seems like you're forgetting that's not actually my opinion.
Reply 18
Original post by lilangel217
What are those little things, that when you see them, you feel your heart crack a little?

For me, it would be seeing either of my parents cry (probably because they're very strong people, emotionally), or seeing someone who had a miscarriage/gave birth to a stillborn.

yeah i am the same, seeing people i know cry does it but i will actually start crying in a sec cause of the stillborn talk :frown:.

Why is that worse than animal abuse?

Quick Reply

Latest