The Student Room Group

Five Years....?

If you could tell your five-years-ago self relationship advice, what would it be, and on the flip side, what do you hope for in five years?
Five years ago: "In five years you still won't have been in a relationship, but don't worry, we're still so young."
Five years from now I do hope to have been in a relationship :P
Five years ago: That girl you recently started crushing on? Last week you finally kissed her.
Reply 3
5 years ago I'd tell myself:

"Don't let the fact that no-one fancies you get you down, in 5 years you'll have boobs and you'll be moderately attractive and people will like you. So don't let it upset you :console:"

And 5 years from now i'd hope that I'd have met someone and been in love with them. I don't care about being married but I hope I'm happy. And that I have a good career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Five Years Ago: It's okay. It's okay to be scared. It's okay not to have your first kiss. Be honest with everyone and look for a girl named ****** *****. She's the one. Do your best and she's worth it. Also stop blaming yourself for what you can't control. Don't hurt yourself and don't let her either. Tell her how beautiful she is and talk about her a lot. Don't hurt her. Don't let yourself be bullied into thinking you're worthless.

Five Years In The Future: I hope you and your girlfriend are married. I hope you're both healthy and loving yourself and I hope we have children. I hope that our brothers record label is going well. I love you and you're a nerd. I love your girlfriend and I hope everything is well. If you're alive I'm glad you are.
Past: Things will be exactly the same in 5 years. If you do not become more confident you are ****ed. Try to let her know you like her whilst she still seems interested.

Future: Hope to have at least kissed a girl or even tried to be better with girls rather than just not bothering at all. Hope that she has split up with her boyfriend and likes me.
Reply 6
Past: Don't bother crushing on him, he'll only end up sleeping with your best friend. Wait and find someone who likes you for who you are.

Future: I hope to be with the one I'm going to marry or engaged to him.
Reply 7
5 years ago: That girl you're soon to meet in the back garden of a dodgy pub - smile at her, because you'll be living together :smile:

5 years from now: take your 2(?) year old and your wife(?) out to the park :biggrin:
Reply 8
5 years ago: Don't bother

5 years ahead: Don't bother
5 years ago: Don't be such a heinous bitch. People don't like that, that's a given.

5 years from now: Hopefully not left on the shelf with the other ageing spinsters (though houseful of cats welcome).
Reply 10
5 years ago: dude just carry on as you are, everything is groovy, life is simple but also fun and exciting and the years coming up are going to be exactly the same. By the time you get to 2014 you're just gonna be real chilled man.

5 years in the future: Dude you've spent ten years just enjoying life with a couple of rocky moments that you just had to 'deal' with and 37 previous years before that enjoying life - I dig being you :biggrin: enjoy the rest now till the final days of your time here.

I have plenty of rocky times but overall life is groovy as fck single or in a relationship its still damn good whatever :biggrin:

I dig being alive - its gonna suck to be dead :biggrin:
5 years ago- he's not the right person for you. listen to your friends. wait another year for the right one.

5 years from now- start planning for baby no 2 ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 years ago- You are right not getting engaged
5 years future- who ****ing knows..just go with the flow and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending