Racial Stereotypes that don't apply to you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm white, but I like fried chicken.
- That we like to stick together overseas
- That we only go to Chinese restaurants when travelling
- That we speak English poorly
- That we speak Mandarin
Good. A thread encouraging us to debate racial stereotypes is exactly what this forum needs.
Reply 4
People stereotypically think white people are amazing at everything. That stereotype doesn't fully apply to me.
As the original poster I have to add my two cents:

I am not aggressive or loudmouthed. I can be very vocal and I laugh a lot but deep down inside I am an introvert.

I don't believe in the use of the n-word.

I don't believe in black supremacy.

I don't believe that black people have to stick together. I have friends from various backgrounds.

I don't wear weave, and I don't have long nails.

I can speak proper, standard English.

I don't have different children by different 'babydaddies'.

I am hardworking and ambitious - I don't see why my race should hold me back. Yes, racism exists in society, but that will not stop me.

I don't think white people are devils, and that all white people are against me. However, I don't 'worship' white people. I don't 'worship' anyone.
Reply 6
How does this work for mixed-race? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kittykatxoxo
As the original poster I have to add my two cents:

I am not aggressive or loudmouthed. I can be very vocal and I laugh a lot but deep down inside I am an introvert.

I don't believe in the use of the n-word.

I don't believe in black supremacy.

I don't believe that black people have to stick together. I have friends from various backgrounds.

I don't wear weave, and I don't have long nails.

I can speak proper, standard English.

I don't have different children by different 'babydaddies'.

I am hardworking and ambitious - I don't see why my race should hold me back. Yes, racism exists in society, but that will not stop me.

I don't think white people are devils, and that all white people are against me. However, I don't 'worship' white people. I don't 'worship' anyone.

All of this.
Just to add, I am not religious - I am agnostic.
I don't like spicy food
I don't like rap all that much
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfissti
How does this work for mixed-race? :smile:

:smile:

You can discuss stereotypes for both races...or you can discuss stereotypes of mixed-race people.
Reply 11
I am black but I don't really like chicken.

I am black but I can speak properly and I am not rowdy, though a times I can be loud.

I don't wear fake lashes or fake nails

I believe in equaity.

I'm not always rude just because I'm black.

I'm intelligent, unlike the stereotypical black person.
Reply 12
I listen to classical music ad rock
Reply 13
I don't like cricket......

Spoiler

I'm white and I'm satisfied being pale.
Reply 15
Can't think of many of the stereotypes, but the three main ones:

I am a lightweight, so make all the vodka jokes you'd like because I have failed my fellow Eastern Europeans at consuming insane amounts of alcohol :rolleyes:

Also, my hometown is not a village.

And yes, I speak English without a stereotypical Slavic drawl.

Don't make assumptions based on the fact that you can't properly pronounce my first name :colonhash:
Original post by Swanbow
I don't like cricket......

Spoiler

:biggrin:

Silly but funny.
Reply 17
Hmmm well I suppose I'm well spoken which a lot of people don't expect me to be. I'm not loose, I can't twerk and I'm very introverted. I read lots and lots of literature which, for some reason, isn't the norm for someone of my background. Jesus Christ, it's awful how black people are often seen as underachieving, illiterate apes.
I'm a money-driven individualist inspired by her parents who are the type of second generation Asian immigrants who, if you take one look at, you wouldn't guess that they're millionaires. It's hilarious. (Many Asians are lazy collectivist who are overly dependent on their wealthy friends, family and the government to guide them financially. My family have to deal with a minimum of 8 people calling every week asking for money because they want luxuries that we don't even spoil ourselves with!)

I don't care for class, status, pride or superiority of any kind. None of my family do. That's the thing people find strangest about us because pride is something that most Asians kill for (literally in some cases!) but none of it means anything to us. All we would kill for is a simple life away from people.

My accent/speech is very Queen's English. My siblings never used a lot of slang so I never learnt to.

In this sense my family and I are completely different to our race. At the same my sisters and I are traditional in the sense that we know how to cook and clean like women back home do and that sets us apart from other girls our age in this country because not many know how to cook and clean like we do.
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't believe in tradition.

Quick Reply

Latest