The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MySpace is sort of fun to set up, then it just gets boring as there is nothing really to do apart from abuse emos and goths. Forums are always better :wink:
Qwert_y
MySpace is sort of fun to set up, then it just gets boring as there is nothing really to do apart from abuse emos and goths. Forums are always better :wink:

Ditto lol
Reply 3
i spose myspace is better for music...and abusing goths and emos

gothtard...love that word
Qwert_y

Ah yes and you forgot the *ahem* "scenesters"
aMasterPieceOfDNA
Ah yes and you forgot the *ahem* "scenesters"

and all the MySpace 'bands' who noone has ever heard of in real life.
I hate myspace with a passion.
Its full off emo kids, who have those awful haircuts who then take a photo of said haircut from some incredibly rid-ik-u-los angle were you only see there nose and an eye and then hapr on about how they love the latest emo band and as soon as it goes top 40 theyll dump it.
Reply 7
I like myspace because its easy to exchange messages with mates over the hols and when you can't be arsed texting them, but TSR is better because its a big free for all. Myspace pales in comparison.
Reply 8
I'm not into stuff like myspace and bebo. I'm too cool to have a myspace :p:
RR
I'm not into stuff like myspace and bebo. I'm too cool to have a myspace :p:

Are you sure you dont want 453 e-friends who you dont know?
In myspace you get to comment to your close friends - keeping in touch with your old mates and stuff.
In forums, educated ideas, comments, thoughts, debates could be exchanged/shared. See, different websites offer different functions to different people of different preferences.
A variety of people uses forums while myspace users are MAINLY emos and goths. I use myspace and im not an emo or goth hehe (oh but I like emo hairstyles lol). Therefore you could meet very interesting people with interesting thoughts in forums compared to myspace.
But I like them both :smile:
I find the people on tsr so much more intresting and agreeable than those on myspace. You browse profiles and there's always some stuck up scene kid saying " I took away my add button ****ers because im sick of requests" or "I know im goodlooking, and it might sound shallow but i won't comment you back if you're ugly", :rolleyes: unbelievable , but ive actually seen people with that on their profile.
Reply 12
myspace is horrendous
it has to be one of the messies places on the internet.
i can't stand trying to navigate through people's myspace..

as a webdesigner it's pretty heartbreaking to see usability issues being ignored.
Well, in MySpace's favour, they do have a lot of real bands on there. I say real as in established, not as in 12-year-olds smashing up their parents' guitars. I'm fairly sure Evanescence has a MySpace and there are loads more which don't really come to mind right now.
Reply 14
calderstonesLFC
Its full off emo kids, who have those awful haircuts who then take a photo of said haircut from some incredibly rid-ik-u-los angle were you only see there nose and an eye and then hapr on about how they love the latest emo band and as soon as it goes top 40 theyll dump it.

^Nail on head.
Reply 15
generalebriety
Well, in MySpace's favour, they do have a lot of real bands on there. I say real as in established, not as in 12-year-olds smashing up their parents' guitars. I'm fairly sure Evanescence has a MySpace and there are loads more which don't really come to mind right now.

Good to see you covering yourself there! That will work in your favour. :yy:
Reply 16
calderstonesLFC

Not to mention the fact they are too dumb to use the timer mode on their digital cameras, resulting in crappy mirror shots and ****e angles.
Anyone else notice that on Myspace people (mainly wanabee emos) use this bizaree language >> '&&' instead of saying and!! Or I keep seeing 'uu' instead of you. Oh and those little heart things that appear EVERYWHERE <3 or even sometimes <3333.

I think it's some sort of new fashion...
Reply 18
I have a myspace but I think it mostly sucks. All the people I would wanna chat to, I have their email anyway. And if I wanna debate about random crap, I'll come on TSR.
Bluelight
I like myspace because its easy to exchange messages with mates over the hols and when you can't be arsed texting them, but TSR is better because its a big free for all. Myspace pales in comparison.

It's like email, but with obnoxious punch-the-monkey adverts. Tom Anderson has really helped the world!

MySpace has only two purposes: tits and arse. And just Googling gets you more flesh than you could ever find on MySpace.

That and dull alterna-emo-rock that's just the same as every other piece of alterna-emo-rock floating around out there. Thank the good lord for MySpace!

Latest

Trending

Trending