The Student Room Group

Physics AS Level ISA PREPARATION HELP

i don't want this thread to close down but I need help desperately on how to prepare for my Physics ISA written test which is TOMORROW
Any tips? I have done a mock ISA and I received 29/41 (i know its out of 50 but the teacher didn't do the PSA)
How do I improve this into a higher grade? Any past papers or useful websites I should use?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nisrinxo
i don't want this thread to close down but I need help desperately on how to prepare for my Physics ISA written test which is TOMORROW
Any tips? I have done a mock ISA and I received 29/41 (i know its out of 50 but the teacher didn't do the PSA)
How do I improve this into a higher grade? Any past papers or useful websites I should use?

The best thing you can possibly do is past papers and lots of them. Try and look on websites such as xtreme papers, they can give you past papers and the mark scheme for them.
Also, try and look a little more in depth into what didn't go so well. Did you make silly mistakes? Did you panic from time limitations? Find out what didn't go so well for you and see if you can focus on that area, make extra notes on it or flip cards (I find these to work really well).
Finally one of the most important parts of Physics is your equations, learn them. Either memories the equations or learn why they work so that you have a understanding behind what you are doing. Try and spend a bit of time to draw out what you are being asked so you can picture it and how the equations will link in.

Since your exam is tomorrow, there is very little I can say that will help you in time for it. At best all you can do is learn the equations as best you can and pray that it comes out okay.

Best of luck~
Reply 2
hi, could somebody help me with the written part PHYS ISA. I am retaking AS ISA and also have the A2 ISA to do. Please, could somebody give some hints so i can get a high grade.
Welcome to TSR physics.
It is not permitted to give out specific information or "hints" beyond what you read in the post above. (Post 2)
Take a look at the web site of your examining board and search for past papers and guides. All the advice is there.
Reply 4
Original post by Zaros
The best thing you can possibly do is past papers and lots of them. Try and look on websites such as xtreme papers, they can give you past papers and the mark scheme for them.
Also, try and look a little more in depth into what didn't go so well. Did you make silly mistakes? Did you panic from time limitations? Find out what didn't go so well for you and see if you can focus on that area, make extra notes on it or flip cards (I find these to work really well).
Finally one of the most important parts of Physics is your equations, learn them. Either memories the equations or learn why they work so that you have a understanding behind what you are doing. Try and spend a bit of time to draw out what you are being asked so you can picture it and how the equations will link in.

Since your exam is tomorrow, there is very little I can say that will help you in time for it. At best all you can do is learn the equations as best you can and pray that it comes out okay.

Best of luck~

ah i didn't see this on time, but i looked at all the past papers and used them to write notes and definitions that come up quite often so it went alright i guess. Thanks anyway!

Latest