The Student Room Group

Accommodation at Manchester College

Hi, im new to TSR and ive recently received an unconditional offer from The Manchester College to study FDA Tv & Film at the Fielden campus in didsbury, which im going to accept. i currently live near Brighton in East Sussex and have little to no knowledge of Manchester. ive been looking at accommodation and id like to know which is the best option in regards to public transport etc. and ideally id like to live in student halls.
Reply 1
Im pretty sure i made a thread about this already but i fant find it so...

Anyway im starting my FDA course in september at the Manchester College fielden campus. Id like to live in halls and basically i just wanted to know which is the best place to go? Particularly with regular buses, shortest commute etc. Im currently living in East sussex, near Brighton and ive got very little knowledge of Manchester, so any help would be appreciated!

Ps. I had heard that living in the city center is a good option due to there being regular buses and its only a 15min commute, is that right?
Original post by cherrycola1990
Im pretty sure i made a thread about this already but i fant find it so...

Anyway im starting my FDA course in september at the Manchester College fielden campus. Id like to live in halls and basically i just wanted to know which is the best place to go? Particularly with regular buses, shortest commute etc. Im currently living in East sussex, near Brighton and ive got very little knowledge of Manchester, so any help would be appreciated!

Ps. I had heard that living in the city center is a good option due to there being regular buses and its only a 15min commute, is that right?

Hi,

Your post got moved over to the Manchester forum, and I've merged the two threads now :smile:

There are lots of buses that travel along Oxford / Wilmslow / Palatine roads, from the city centre through Rusholme, Fallowfield, Withington and Didsbury, so you could live anywhere along there with ease. The bus passes (from Stagecoach) are just over £200 per year.

About the closest halls are Hardy Farm, but the location isn't great (next to a big Metrolink building site, though that may be finished by the time you were to arrive, not much by way of shops, and getting to nightlife would require a taxi). It's also 1.5 miles away from Fielden, and I'm not sure about any bus routes.
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
Hi,

Your post got moved over to the Manchester forum, and I've merged the two threads now :smile:

There are lots of buses that travel along Oxford / Wilmslow / Palatine roads, from the city centre through Rusholme, Fallowfield, Withington and Didsbury, so you could live anywhere along there with ease. The bus passes (from Stagecoach) are just over £200 per year.

About the closest halls are Hardy Farm, but the location isn't great (next to a big Metrolink building site, though that may be finished by the time you were to arrive, not much by way of shops, and getting to nightlife would require a taxi). It's also 1.5 miles away from Fielden, and I'm not sure about any bus routes.

Oh ok, thank you! I probably should have looked harder lol

But thanks for your help, its becoming a bit of a nightmare trying to find the best place to live! Especially when there isnt much near didsbury.
Reply 4
Hi ditto, same course. I am looking at student halls, poss Liberty point. Have you managed to book your accommodation yet?
Reply 5
Ditto, I have also received an unconditional offer from The Manchester College to study FDA Tv & Film at the Fielden campus. Am looking at Liberty Point student halls, have you sorted your accommodation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending