The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Huddersfield University

I've applied here for sports journalism, am not happy with 3/4 options so far, so am hoping that I really like this University, probably going to come to an applicant day on Wednesday April 9th, but didn't want to spend all the time and money going up to Huddersfield on this day if I'm told beforehand that it's rubbish and not worth looking at. (Also will people be there on April 9th for this applicant day, or will students be on their Easter hols...?)
Pleased can people give me some description/information on what the campus is like?...Is the whole uni just on 1 campus, is the campus nice(much greenery or is it pretty urban...?) Is huddersfield a nice town to live in?
Any help much appreciated-need to decide whether to look at it ASAP! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by harryeverett
I've applied here for sports journalism, am not happy with 3/4 options so far, so am hoping that I really like this University, probably going to come to an applicant day on Wednesday April 9th, but didn't want to spend all the time and money going up to Huddersfield on this day if I'm told beforehand that it's rubbish and not worth looking at. (Also will people be there on April 9th for this applicant day, or will students be on their Easter hols...?)
Pleased can people give me some description/information on what the campus is like?...Is the whole uni just on 1 campus, is the campus nice(much greenery or is it pretty urban...?) Is huddersfield a nice town to live in?
Any help much appreciated-need to decide whether to look at it ASAP! Thanks

The campus has had a facelift recently. The campus looks great and it even has it's own Starbucks (not a fan, but I know some will be excited). There's also a new gym and new sports facilities. I like the Campus. It's compact and easy to get around. Lots of greenery and there's a load of birds and squirrels that hang around as well!

Huddersfield is a pretty decent town to live in. You will never run out of places to buy food. The uni is next to a huge Sainsburys and Tesco and Aldi and Lidl aren't too far either. Leeds students would kill for that sort of choice!

To be honest it can suck if you are used to a big city, but the place has it's charms. It's pretty friendly. The locals are a bit weird (a lot of small town folk at times), but the majority are friendly. I can't say I am a fan of the nightlife. Bit crap to be honest. If you get tired of Huddersfield nightlife you can take a train trip to Leeds easily. No need to live in leeds. There are night trains that run direct from Leeds to Manchester via Huddersfield (which means Hudds is better connected at night than most parts of Leeds).

The University of a Huddersfield run most courses from their Huddersfield campus, but they also run courses in Barnsley and Oldham.

I'd definetly take a look! I enjoyed my studies and I'm back for my masters soon! The staff are really supportive and I really rate the library facilities highly. I've used Leeds Met Library and I can say Hudds Uni library is waaaaaay better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by datpiff
The campus has had a facelift recently. The campus looks great and it even has it's own Starbucks (not a fan, but I know some will be excited). There's also a new gym and new sports facilities. I like the Campus. It's compact and easy to get around. Lots of greenery and there's a load of birds and squirrels that hang around as well!

Huddersfield is a pretty decent town to live in. You will never run out of places to buy food. The uni is next to a huge Sainsburys and Tesco and Aldi and Lidl aren't too far either. Leeds students would kill for that sort of choice!

To be honest it can suck if you are used to a big city, but the place has it's charms. It's pretty friendly. The locals are a bit weird (a lot of small town folk at times), but the majority are friendly. I can't say I am a fan of the nightlife. Bit crap to be honest. If you get tired of Huddersfield nightlife you can take a train trip to Leeds easily. No need to live in leeds. There are night trains that run direct from Leeds to Manchester via Huddersfield (which means Hudds is better connected at night than most parts of Leeds).

The University of a Huddersfield run most courses from their Huddersfield campus, but they also run courses in Barnsley and Oldham.

I'd definetly take a look! I enjoyed my studies and I'm back for my masters soon! The staff are really supportive and I really rate the library facilities highly. I've used Leeds Met Library and I can say Hudds Uni library is waaaaaay better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds great! Well I've grown up in and am pretty fond of the Devon countryside, so would probably prefer a small town feel as oppose to a big city anyway. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending