The Student Room Group

Identity Confirmation Form

I'm not sure who to ask to do my identity confirmation form. I'm a part-time student and not close at all to my only teacher and it's a lot to ask - having to give me his passport number and have to speak on the phone to them. Most students have a tutor but as I'm a part-time student I don't.

I have a family friend who is a doctor who's known me all my life, but I haven't seen her in around 7 years. She's coming round this month though so I could ask her but then again it's a big ask and she's very busy so to have to speak on the phone for me is a lot.

Or do I go to the head of a-levels? I'm not sure if she's the right person to ask as she knows my name but that's the extent of our relationship.

I just feel weird about asking teachers I barely know to have to provide their passport number as well as be subjected to a phone call when they're all busy themselves.

Any advice? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Sparkliest
I'm not sure who to ask to do my identity confirmation form. I'm a part-time student and not close at all to my only teacher and it's a lot to ask - having to give me his passport number and have to speak on the phone to them. Most students have a tutor but as I'm a part-time student I don't.

I have a family friend who is a doctor who's known me all my life, but I haven't seen her in around 7 years. She's coming round this month though so I could ask her but then again it's a big ask and she's very busy so to have to speak on the phone for me is a lot.

Or do I go to the head of a-levels? I'm not sure if she's the right person to ask as she knows my name but that's the extent of our relationship.

I just feel weird about asking teachers I barely know to have to provide their passport number as well as be subjected to a phone call when they're all busy themselves.

Any advice? Thanks

If you have a bit of money a solicitor can do it. They would not be required to hand over passport numbers etc simply to certify who you are.
Reply 2
Original post by Old_Simon
If you have a bit of money a solicitor can do it. They would not be required to hand over passport numbers etc simply to certify who you are.

I don't have a solicitor. I haven't been to the doctors in years either and all the doctors there are new. I have a bank account with Barclays but I've not been in to see them ever apart from when I initially got it around 3 years ago so I'm not sure if they'll do it?
Reply 3
Original post by Sparkliest
I don't have a solicitor. I haven't been to the doctors in years either and all the doctors there are new. I have a bank account with Barclays but I've not been in to see them ever apart from when I initially got it around 3 years ago so I'm not sure if they'll do it?

You do not need to "have" a solicitor. Just goto a cheap local one and ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Old_Simon
You do not need to "have" a solicitor. Just goto a cheap local one and ask.

But they won't have known me for two years
Reply 5
Well it is worth asking. Otherwise you have no choice but to use your teacher. I am sure they have done it before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending