The Student Room Group

22, lonely, virgin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just going to throw this out there 4ft 10 for a girl is fine lol.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose what I'm asking is not how do I get a guy but how do I cope with these feelings of yearning and loneliness. Not every one finds happiness and I've just been extremely unlucky.

Come here :hugs:

You honestly shouldn't be feeling that way in the first place. You haven't been unlucky, Im a 19 year old guy but i've never felt what you're feeling right now. I think that you could get out of it just by going out. But you saying you have no friends to go out with makes me sad :frown:
Reply 42
Original post by Hazard17
Come here :hugs:

You honestly shouldn't be feeling that way in the first place. You haven't been unlucky, Im a 19 year old guy but i've never felt what you're feeling right now. I think that you could get out of it just by going out. But you saying you have no friends to go out with makes me sad :frown:

Virtual hug :console:
Yeah I don't have friends, just people I used to know with whom I've lost touch. No one cares, and I'm tired of chasing people up.
Reply 43
Virtual hug :console:
Yeah I don't have friends, just people I used to know with whom I've lost touch. No one cares, and I'm tired of chasing people up.

Haha dont be like that. Id be more than happy to be your friend. :biggrin:

Im sure a lot of people would. By talking like that you're giving yourself that feel of hopelessness and lack of confidence.
Reply 44
Original post by Hazard17
Haha dont be like that. Id be more than happy to be your friend. :biggrin:

Im sure a lot of people would. By talking like that you're giving yourself that feel of hopelessness and lack of confidence.

haha I'm sure you wouldn't if you knew me. I'm not an easy sort of person.
Reply 45
I suppose what I'm asking is not how do I get a guy but how do I cope with these feelings of yearning and loneliness. Not every one finds happiness and I've just been extremely unlucky.

My suggestion for you is to mainly focus on changing your mentality. It seems like you're only feeling sorry for yourself. Self-pity won't lead you to a better life.
I guess you should just focus on looking your best and improving any kind of personality defects you might have e.g. confidence issues which I suspect you could have if you're in this situation. maybe you're simply not finding yourself in situations where you are in contact with the opposite sex and with people that are going to find you interesting - find the right people, that would be the next big consideration. oh yeah, and a sense of humour and an ability to talk without being "awkward" is a huge boost
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh girl, I feel you. I'm 19 years old and at university, all the boys here are ****heads it seems. They don't care about personal qualities and only go for the 'easy' girls. All I want is some male companionship and affection. I have no idea what it feels like to connect with an individual of the opposite sex on a sexual and emotional level but I imagine it feels great. Hang in there, there is someone out there for you.
Original post by EarthlingyThingy
Stop caring what people think of you.

I know this is ALL easier than it sounds.

I've gone through this exact same process.

Lets use me as an example. I hated how I looked, so never made much effort to dress well or act well. I was constantly the outsider guy who noone knew or cared about the opinions of. And thus, I actually developed few opinions of my own anyway. I gave up. My assumption that they thought as little of me, as I thought of me, SHAPED me.

But, over time, I stopped caring. I slowly started to speak about my opinions. Wear what I wanted, say what I wanted. By myself. This is the KEY to happiness.

Now they can a clear and true picture of who I am. I never considered myself to simply be'ugly', but everyone has some part of their body that depresses them. Everyone has that. But they stop caring what others think and, thus, they stop caring about the 'issue' thwas was self-created.

When you look in the mirror, ask yourself WHY you consider yourself to be ugly.

And then stop lying to yourself. Because it cannot be the truth.

Why?

Because the truth can only set you free.

Not depress you for the rest of your life, making you unhappy and post on TSR as though WE - a bunch of randoms - have the answer to YOUR self-created problems.

You're more powerful than we are!!!

Sorry if I went on a bit. I get a bit passionate.

:smile::biggrin:

kind wise words

+25 respect poits
I'm a 22 year old female, I've never been in a relationship and I'm desperate for affection. I feel very lonely and sometimes I find myself hugging pillows pretending it's a man :smile: I just want to be held and kissed like anyone else and I'm envious of people who have that happiness.
Obviously I'm not attractive at all and most men won't give me a second look, except for a few creepy ones. It's becoming a real problem and I'm very embarrassed about it. It's not normal at my age to be a virgin and I keep thinking there's something wrong with me but there's nothing I can do to change that. I have an odd face and my mouth points downwards unless I'm smiling so most of the time I look miserable, even though it's just my "neutral" face. Except from plastic surgery and magically growing a few inches (I'm only 4 ft 10) I don't see that there's much I can do. :frown:

Ok you're just like my girlfriend, she's under 5 foot, always going on about getting surgery and convinced she has a weird face. At 22 she was still a virgin too - and constantly attracting the creepers. She managed to land on her feet, I'm no James Bond but I would hope I'm not completely bottom-of-the-barrel. Don't worry and be yourself, that is the most attractive thing a woman can be, and no I'm not just being trite.

Even with that aside, weird faces are attractive because they're interesting, Lily Cole made it work didn't she? And while 4'10" is a bit on the tiny side, it's not remotely as bad as being a short man, and you can always wear a few inches of heels to bump it up a bit and give yourself more of a presence on a night out. When you do have a relationship it will also be a limitless source of teasing!

I also can't sleep alone without hugging a pillow!
If you honestly don't have any friends, then i'd work on improving that before worrying about a relationship. Relying on one person for your happiness is not healthy for you, nor is it fair on them. Just being around a few people should make you feel better about yourself, because that is the biggest barrier you are facing. You can spot a person lacking in confidence a mile off, and moping around with a ''my life sucks, nobody likes me'' attitude isn't going to appeal to anyone. I should know. I've been in that position.

You're also missing out on the best way to meet people, because nearly every girl I know who is in a relationship met their OH through mutual friends.
Reply 51
I'm only 4 ft 10

Coming from a guy who is 6'4, not everyone cares about how tall someone is. Personally I find it kinda cute, might just be me on that though :P
Reply 52
I'm a 22 year old female, I've never been in a relationship and I'm desperate for affection. I feel very lonely and sometimes I find myself hugging pillows pretending it's a man :smile: I just want to be held and kissed like anyone else and I'm envious of people who have that happiness.
Obviously I'm not attractive at all and most men won't give me a second look, except for a few creepy ones. It's becoming a real problem and I'm very embarrassed about it. It's not normal at my age to be a virgin and I keep thinking there's something wrong with me but there's nothing I can do to change that. I have an odd face and my mouth points downwards unless I'm smiling so most of the time I look miserable, even though it's just my "neutral" face. Except from plastic surgery and magically growing a few inches (I'm only 4 ft 10) I don't see that there's much I can do. :frown:

I bet you would be attractive to someone. I had a mate that only went for fat birds. I bet they felt the same way you did before they met him.
Reply 53
Original post by scrotgrot
Ok you're just like my girlfriend, she's under 5 foot, always going on about getting surgery and convinced she has a weird face. At 22 she was still a virgin too - and constantly attracting the creepers. She managed to land on her feet, I'm no James Bond but I would hope I'm not completely bottom-of-the-barrel. Don't worry and be yourself, that is the most attractive thing a woman can be, and no I'm not just being trite.

Even with that aside, weird faces are attractive because they're interesting, Lily Cole made it work didn't she? And while 4'10" is a bit on the tiny side, it's not remotely as bad as being a short man, and you can always wear a few inches of heels to bump it up a bit and give yourself more of a presence on a night out. When you do have a relationship it will also be a limitless source of teasing!

I also can't sleep alone without hugging a pillow!

I cant remember exactly what Lily Cole looks like but i'm sure she isn't unattractive. my mother thinks the medication i'm on has altered my face.

bold: is that really a good thing?
Reply 54
Original post by cole-slaw
I bet you would be attractive to someone. I had a mate that only went for fat birds. I bet they felt the same way you did before they met him.

i dont necessarily want to attract weird guys that have a fetish for a certain kind of girl. i find it disturbing. did he go for certain "fat girls" because their personality attracted them or simply on the basis that they were fat?
Reply 55
Original post by sr90
If you honestly don't have any friends, then i'd work on improving that before worrying about a relationship. Relying on one person for your happiness is not healthy for you, nor is it fair on them. Just being around a few people should make you feel better about yourself, because that is the biggest barrier you are facing. You can spot a person lacking in confidence a mile off, and moping around with a ''my life sucks, nobody likes me'' attitude isn't going to appeal to anyone. I should know. I've been in that position.

You're also missing out on the best way to meet people, because nearly every girl I know who is in a relationship met their OH through mutual friends.

what ive learned is that friendships don't last forever, and most of the time you lose touch as soon as you go your separate ways, and that's it, you never see each other again. it has happened to me a lot, with people at school, and then college. no one can bother to stay in touch with me.
on the rare occasions that ive gotten to know someone well enough to call them my friend, i start finding things about them that i don't like, and it grinds me every day until i cant stand their company anymore. I'm sure they felt the same about me.
Reply 56
I feel really bad for you to be honest. The world can be so cruel :frown:

I want to give you a hug now :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 57
i dont necessarily want to attract weird guys that have a fetish for a certain kind of girl. i find it disturbing. did he go for certain "fat girls" because their personality attracted them or simply on the basis that they were fat?

How is it a fetish? Different guys find different types of girls attractive, whats the big deal?
Reply 58
Original post by cole-slaw
How is it a fetish? Different guys find different types of girls attractive, whats the big deal?

If a guy chases a girl simply because she is fat, how is that not a fetish?
Reply 59
If a guy chases a girl simply because she is fat, how is that not a fetish?

because the definition:

Sexual fetishism or erotic fetishism is the sexual arousal a person receives from a physical object, or from a specific situation.

does not apply.

Some people like tall girls, some like short girls, some like thin girls, some like fat girls. None of these things are fetishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending