The Student Room Group

Over 900 workers/slaves dead building the Qatar world cup stadiums

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/over-900-workers-have-already-died-building-qatars-world-cup-facilities-180950088/?no-ist

And that number is expected to rise to 4000 people.

Why is the world cup gonna be held in this filthy hell hole? What the hell is wrong with fifa?

On the other hand the number of people who have died building One World Trade center is ZERO.

In a civilised modern first world society the safety of the work force is top priority, unlike that arabian hell hole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I think the worst part of that article is the way it says 'Only X workers died during Y construction'... I mean wtf? No one should be dying during a construction of something.
But Kim Kardashian losing her baby weight is far more important!!
Reply 3
Original post by arichmond64
But Kim Kardashian losing her baby weight is far more important!!

True

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
FIFA is corrupt. Qatar should never have been awarded the World Cup. Disgusting.
Reply 5
It's incomprehensible, blatant bribery and corruption led to Qatar being given the world cup and they are killing off foreign workers willy nilly to build the infrastructure that they don't have and will never need again.

Why is it yet to be boycotted?
I don't understand. How could they possibly be slaves if it was Arabs being the slavers and not white people? I thought only whites could do wrong.
Reply 7
Original post by Snagprophet
I don't understand. How could they possibly be slaves if it was Arabs being the slavers and not white people? I thought only whites could do wrong.

True
Looks like the Arab slave trade didn't die after all.

Though I do wonder how many posts in this thread before somebody somehow blames Jooz for this.
As long as The Would Cup goes ahead, no one will really give a toss.
Reply 10
South Asians are treated like slaves in the middle East, and have done so for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by tonberry
I think the worst part of that article is the way it says 'Only X workers died during Y construction'... I mean wtf? No one should be dying during a construction of something.

Its only 'elf 'n' saf'ty thats meant people these days have that view, 30 years ago in UK contruction deaths would have been pretty unremarkable.
Reply 12
Original post by Ggmu!
South Asians are treated like slaves in the middle East, and have done so for years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True

Posted from TSR Mobile
Qatar winning the bid for the World Cup is a joke. And stories like this are hardly surprising.
This has been going on for such a long time. Its why I dont trust the british media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending