The Student Room Group

I Need Help On Work Experience!

Hello, I have my year 10 work experience coming up and I need to find a place within 12 days. I am an enthusiastic web designer who knows the basic programming languages. Anyone know of any companies in London that will accept work experience to a year 10?
Original post by CalluminHD
Hello, I have my year 10 work experience coming up and I need to find a place within 12 days. I am an enthusiastic web designer who knows the basic programming languages. Anyone know of any companies in London that will accept work experience to a year 10?

Unless you know a web design firm through family or friends, I think your chances of getting a placement in this sector at your age is pretty slim. There simply aren't many work experience opportunities for Year 10 and whilst this might sound a bit harsh, the sad reality is that there isn't much people in Year 10 can really contribute to a professional company. You may have to lower your aims a little and widen your net. Most people don't do work experience in sectors they're interested in during Year 10. The point of Year 10 WE is to get an impression of professional environments.
Reply 2
agree with the post above, you're going to have a hard time finding a specific job like that, especially at your age. aim for something you wouldn't normally do, maybe work in a restaurant or something, get some experience, then when you get to doing something you actually enjoy, it'll be easier, you'll know what to expect.

Quick Reply