The Student Room Group

Graduate entry into Medicine

I was wondering whether I even had a shot at Med school through either a 4 year Grad entry or 5 year course I would be applying with a Psychology graduate degree. I am currently studying Psychology on track to achieve either a high 2:1 or low 1.1. My A levels weren't great compared to the average student applying for medicine - Psychology A*, Chemistry C and Biology B, but I have lots of work experience including work shadowing of GPs, volunteering at a care home and basically getting involved with local charities providing support and care for local people. I am also going to take the UKCAT in the upcoming summer (and hopefully if I were able to gain sufficient marks) do I have a chance of getting into med school? I am looking at Southampton, Kings, Liverpool and Barts, and I am extremely driven and passionate to one day become a doctor but I don't know if on paper I look like a good candidate. Was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat or has gone through the process from a similar starting point?
have a read here for GEP courses. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/graduate_entry_medicine_-_a_guide

Are you considering 5 year? if so, then you need to check individual medical schools and see if they specify degree subject as some only take science degrees. Some uni's look at your A levels etc even when you have a degree and some don't - best to check out the uni's you are thinking about in more depth. All the info on their websites or on the medicine wiki.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending