The Student Room Group

Maths and History Joint Degree (with no Further Maths)

Hi I'm in Year 12 and am thinking of doing a History and Maths joint degree, however I don't do further maths. I regret not taking it, but will it still be possible/a good idea to think of a maths degree?Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
There are only likely to be a limited number of universities offering maths and history. So maybe it could be worth considering other options as well eg just Maths and seeing if the universities allow you to take history based modules. Similarly there may be good options for you by doing just history. But I don't know so much about that.

It's likely that maths and history offers would be similar to maths offers. But check on each university's website.

It's still possible to take maths at uni if you haven't done further maths. However, some unis require further maths and sometimes give lower offers if you have further maths. It depends on your grades and the unis you're looking at as to how much this would affect you. One option is for you to do an AS in Further Maths in year 13.

Quick Reply

Latest