The Student Room Group

Proving degree level numeracy with non numerate degree

I am currently studying Biology at a top uni and would expect to get a 2.1. However its become clear that a lot of interesting and well paid careers look for a numerate degree and I am regretting my choice of degree. I'm wondering if anyone knows any way to demonstrate numerical ability despite a non-numerate degree.
As a background I was always strong in maths and would have been a competitive appicant for a maths degree if I had chosen to go that way (Strong A's in Maths and Further Maths, decent results in maths challenge) but chose Biology as I was interested in it. While I have done a little bit of statistics as part of Biology I haven't done any significant maths since A level. I would rather not have to go back and do a Maths degree to access careers which look for numerate graduates. Does anyone know of any respected post graduate degrees that would enable someone to more quickly show the level of numeracy expected of a graduate of a numerical degree?

thanks
Depends where you are applying, some places count any science degree as "numerical"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending