The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

MSc Finance at Warwick Business School

Hi TSR!

I've got an offer for MSc in Finance at WBS and I'm most likely to accept. However, I'd like to get some more information about it if possible.

For those that have done an MSc at WBS, I'd like to know how an MSc course is in terms of difficulty and workload (group work, presentations etc). Any other general information about the course or WBS would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is living in Coventry really as bad/boring as people make out to be?

I have offers from Cass Business School and LSE Accounting and Finance, however, WBS MSc Finance attracts me the most.

Thank you!
I'm in a similar situation for the 21/22 admit. I'm to choose between Cass (Inv. Management) and Warwick (Finance). What decision did you end up taking?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hello @lookingtolearn and @pamsk

I hope you are both well. It is great to see that you have both applied to our MSc Finance course at WBS and congratulations on receiving your offers! :smile:

I would definitely recommend that you attend our MSc Student Experience webinar on Thursday 21 January as one of our current MSc Finance students will be participating in the webinar so you will be able to ask them any questions that you have about the course in particular and their experience of student life at WBS.

You can find out more information about the webinar and sign up here: https://www.wbs.ac.uk/events/view/6828

If you have any other questions that I can help you with, please let know :smile:
Francesca
Original post by lookingtolearn
I'm in a similar situation for the 21/22 admit. I'm to choose between Cass (Inv. Management) and Warwick (Finance). What decision did you end up taking?

When did you send your application and how long did you wait for your offer? I applied for MSc Finance as well and am now in my 6th week of waiting..
Got the offer from Cass quite quick but for Warwick, I applied back in mid November, have been waiting for over 2 months now
(edited 3 years ago)
Oh wow, 2.5 months is really long. Have you tried emailing them? Mine is also still "under consideration", I am wondering how long it is going to take them to respond but I heard 9 weeks should usually do it
Original post by Anonymous
Oh wow, 2.5 months is really long. Have you tried emailing them? Mine is also still "under consideration", I am wondering how long it is going to take them to respond but I heard 9 weeks should usually do it

Yeah, I've emailed them a couple of times, they reverted saying there is a delay this year due to the large amount of applications and they are processing applications in a chronological order. Hopefully, I'll get a response soon
Original post by lookingtolearn
Yeah, I've emailed them a couple of times, they reverted saying there is a delay this year due to the large amount of applications and they are processing applications in a chronological order. Hopefully, I'll get a response soon

Yes, I hope you will! Would you chose Warwick over Cass if you got accepted? Also, would you mind sharing your profile?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending