The Student Room Group

EPQ - Teacher wrongly accused me of cheating. Will this be ok?

Hi guys,

I had been assigned to this idiotic teacher who accused me of cheating. I did not cheat. Just to make this clear.

She claims that no-one my age could make that high standard of work. She has talked to the centre-coordinator and he has said he will talk to me tomorrow. I know that the centre-co-ordinator will gently tell me that my work is too good, blah blah blah and that he won't enter me.

My only option I feel that I can do, is to go to the assistant head teacher who is also my maths/fm teacher and tell her that this teacher has accused me of teaching.

Tomorrow is also the deadline for EPQ's so if I am going to do anything I need to act fast.

The centre head will just side with the teacher, however if I bring in the assistant head who has more authority and understands since she knows me that I wouldn't do that - then I feel that I would be entered for that work.

Can anyone please advise me if this is the best course of action to take. I need to act fast as I need to send an email to my assistant head teacher now quickly explaining this.

Just to reiterate I did not cheat, my pathetic history teacher who I was assigned to is a ******** *****...
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Hi guys,

I had been assigned to this idiotic teacher who accused me of cheating. I did not cheat. Just to make this clear.

She claims that no-one my age could make that high standard of work. She has talked to the centre-coordinator and he has said he will talk to me tomorrow. I know that the centre-co-ordinator will gently tell me that my work is too good, blah blah blah and that he won't enter me.

My only option I feel that I can do, is to go to the assistant head teacher who is also my maths/fm teacher and tell her that this teacher has accused me of teaching.

Tomorrow is also the deadline for EPQ's so if I am going to do anything I need to act fast.

The centre head will just side with the teacher, however if I bring in the assistant head who has more authority and understands since she knows me that I wouldn't do that - then I feel that I would be entered for that work.

Can anyone please advise me if this is the best course of action to take. I need to act fast as I need to send an email to my assistant head teacher now quickly explaining this.

Just to reiterate I did not cheat, my pathetic history teacher who I was assigned to is a ******** *****...

Are you sure this is the whole story? I just find it really hard to believe that a teacher could make a claim like that. Unless they have any actual evidence to suggest that you've cheated, they can't withdraw your work. I have absolutely no idea how they would plan to go about disqualifying you, because the process of doing that is really difficult.

Assuming this is the whole story, then you're absolutely right. Get in contact with a teacher who knows you - an assistant head would be great - and get them to help you. Once this gets sorted, you might want to think of taking this further because if what you've said is true, what this teacher has done could get them in very serious trouble.

Hope this works out...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
Are you sure this is the whole story? I just find it really hard to believe that a teacher could make a claim like that. Unless they have any actual evidence to suggest that you've cheated, they can't withdraw your work. I have absolutely no idea how they would plan to go about disqualifying you, because the process of doing that is really difficult.

Assuming this is the whole story, then you're absolutely right. Get in contact with a teacher who knows you - an assistant head would be great - and get them to help you. Once this gets sorted, you might want to think of taking this further because if what you've said is true, what this teacher has done could get them in very serious trouble.

Hope this works out...

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

There is absolutely no evidence they have that I cheated because I didn't do so. I gave my work in to her at the time without references or bibliography at the time because I had not completed it then. I have the planning and dates and presentation to confirm that I did not cheat and did not copy off anyone. When I told that history teacher at the time that I had not completed the bibliography, she said it is too late anyway.

I haven't been entered yet, since the deadline is tomorrow. But I feel I need to talk to the assistant head about this so that she can help me out.

Thank you so much for you reply. I will talk to the assistant head who is my teacher and express my concerns about that teacher.

I feel that I am being victimised and discriminated against. If I don't take this further then my work will not be entered which is what I do not want to happen.

Pos. Appreciate you reply.
Reply 3
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

There is absolutely no evidence they have that I cheated because I didn't do so. I gave my work in to her at the time without references or bibliography at the time because I had not completed it then. I have the planning and dates and presentation to confirm that I did not cheat and did not copy off anyone. When I told that history teacher at the time that I had not completed the bibliography, she said it is too late anyway.

I haven't been entered yet, since the deadline is tomorrow. But I feel I need to talk to the assistant head about this so that she can help me out.

Thank you so much for you reply. I will talk to the assistant head who is my teacher and express my concerns about that teacher.

I feel that I am being victimised and discriminated against. If I don't take this further then my work will not be entered which is what I do not want to happen.

Pos. Appreciate you reply.

I would write a more full response, but thought that your most effective route would be to call the Assistant Head Teacher now, as in right now (hence why I wanted to be quick in sending this message).

Call the school, and email any teachers who's email address you have, to get hold of them this evening, explain the deadline is really close, so you want to get it sorted out now.

That way, it's all sorted out for tomorrow.
Reply 4
Original post by Matthew150
I would write a more full response, but thought that your most effective route would be to call the Assistant Head Teacher now, as in right now (hence why I wanted to be quick in sending this message).

Call the school, and email any teachers who's email address you have, to get hold of them this evening, explain the deadline is really close, so you want to get it sorted out now.

That way, it's all sorted out for tomorrow.

Thank you for your reply.

That is exactly what I will do.

I was going to only email the assistant head/my maths teacher who I am on good terms with. Do you think I should email the headteacher too? Or will the assistant head be enough. Thanks for your reply. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest