The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics june 2014 thread

starting a thread for anyone doing 1P and 2P. Just so we can discuss exam topics and techniques. This is the Edexcel exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WASG
starting a thread for anyone doing 1P and 2P. Just so we can discuss exam topics and techniques. This is the Edexcel exam.

hiya,

any tips for the practical based questions? how much I despise them.. D:
Reply 2
Oh atleast some one else is doing this! Yeah there's nothing you can do apart from learn the experiments from a book. Did you do them in your school? I just remember them from doing it, otherwise, the cgp revision guide has all the experiments. Just make notes on all experiments and learn them by memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
AQA?? Yep that's me! So bad though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
AQA and edexcel IGCSEs are very similar

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm finding the longer prose questions pretty hard
anyone got any tips?
Reply 6
Original post by michelecorrrea
I'm finding the longer prose questions pretty hard
anyone got any tips?

Explanation questions are so hard! My teacher is such a harsh marker which I guess is good but it done recall ever getting full marks in the longer questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BCMFM16
Explanation questions are so hard! My teacher is such a harsh marker which I guess is good but it done recall ever getting full marks in the longer questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once you look at the mark scheme it looks so simple but actually trying to do them is so hard
Reply 8
Original post by michelecorrrea
Once you look at the mark scheme it looks so simple but actually trying to do them is so hard

I know! The grade boundaries are usually really low anyway last year was 57/90 on the AQA igse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Electromagnetic induction is messing with my head! The whole electromagnetism topic is not fun...
Reply 10
Original post by dftba10
Electromagnetic induction is messing with my head! The whole electromagnetism topic is not fun...

I know!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
How are you guys doing on your revision ??? I have to het an A* this year and the amount of info to remember is crazy but this site really helps http://hannahhelpphysics.blogspot.co.uk if there are any sites that are helping you out ...please post them thanks :smile:
Reply 12
I'm doing the AQA IGCSE not EDEXCEL
Reply 13
Original post by Hbazaham
How are you guys doing on your revision ??? I have to het an A* this year and the amount of info to remember is crazy but this site really helps http://hannahhelpphysics.blogspot.co.uk if there are any sites that are helping you out ...please post them thanks :smile:

Thank you so much! That looks great :smile:
Original post by WASG

Ah, I dread 15 May and 12 June... :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Yep same really want an A* as well but struggling to get there 3 weeks before the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
My physics and chemistry exams clash as 1 is AQA and the other is Edexcel. Two solid exams at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by happysmile
Ah, I dread 15 May and 12 June... :frown:

Me too!!!!
Reply 18
If anyone is struggling to find relevant past papers, go to pastpapers.net for the IGCSE physics jan 2014 one. Also, there is a hidden spec paper in the specification itself. Only found this out yesterday :eek:
Original post by WASG
If anyone is struggling to find relevant past papers, go to pastpapers.net for the IGCSE physics jan 2014 one. Also, there is a hidden spec paper in the specification itself. Only found this out yesterday :eek:

Yes!!! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest