The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

MA International Peace & Security 2014

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone who'd applied to the MA in International Peace & Security got an offer yet?

If yes, when did you apply?

Cheers!
Reply 1
Hi, I did. I applied back in December and received an offer a few weeks later. How long have you been waiting?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hi and thanks replying!
I applied over 6 weeks ago and seriously start doubting I will get in. A friend of mine is currently doing the course and had an offer after 3 weeks. What is your background?
Reply 3
Congrats for getting in!
Reply 4
Thanks! I didn't/don't think only a few weeks is standard, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Did you apply to other programs in London as well?

I got my BA magna cum laude back in 2012, with double major in History and French. My job since graduating isn't related, however, so I don't think that matters.

Have you thought about emailing someone in admissions? That's interesting you know someone in the program. I'm assuming they have a positive opinion?
Reply 5
I should also mention I'm from the US. I had suspicions that was a contributing factor (i.e., non-EU tuition rates).
Reply 6
I was considering applying to UCL and SOAS but the IPS program is the only one that offers what I am looking for! And considering the price I would rather take a year out and try again next year.

My friend does have a positive opinion but I doubt she is objective...
On the other hand, she talked to me thoroughly about the programme and it truly sounds great!

You graduated with great distinction, I doubt your nationality has nothing to do with your acceptance (or if it has, it must have been secondary). Did you firmed your offer yet?
Reply 7
my references got through on the 10th of Feb (even though I applied earlier, they only start looking at your application when they have them) and I got an offer yesterday if that's of any use. So it took them 6 weeks to reply to me.
Reply 8
Original post by Laureee
I was considering applying to UCL and SOAS but the IPS program is the only one that offers what I am looking for! And considering the price I would rather take a year out and try again next year.

My friend does have a positive opinion but I doubt she is objective...
On the other hand, she talked to me thoroughly about the programme and it truly sounds great!

You graduated with great distinction, I doubt your nationality has nothing to do with your acceptance (or if it has, it must have been secondary). Did you firmed your offer yet?

Thanks! And yes I decided to firm my offer a few weeks back. The deposit is killer for the USD/GBP exchange, but I guess that means it's a competitive program. I'm glad to hear you've heard positive things and hopefully you'll be joining us in the fall! Good luck, and hopefully you hear back soon!
Reply 9
Just got an offer! :smile: :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by laureee
just got an offer! :smile: :smile:

congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest