The Student Room Group

How can I get at least a grade C or D in my English GCSE? (England)

I'm a year 11 student and I'm working on grade E in my English GCSE. My exam is coming up I only got like 2 to 3 months left and I want to get at least C or if possible D but I dont know how I've been working hard but still... help please...
Reply 1
Original post by AnEliza
I'm a year 11 student and I'm working on grade E in my English GCSE. My exam is coming up I only got like 2 to 3 months left and I want to get at least C or if possible D but I dont know how I've been working hard but still... help please...

Why aim for D/C? I achieved D in year 9 however that was due to my lack of motivation and charisma. In year 10, I resat it and achieved A in my exam (highest you can gain on IGCSE) . All I did was use PEEL paragraphs, learn the conventions of writing, A grade punctuation and learned to be imaginative. Examiners look for pieces of writing that stand out, I mean you have 1/2 months left. This is enough time to hone exam prep however your coursework needs to be at high standard. You need to learn to use impeccable vocabulary and sentence structure needs to flow. For your coursework, you need to read other A* responses and see how they set out the points they include, how they use facts, statistics, hyperbolic language etc. Your speaking & listening should be a walk in the park as long as you write a script which your teacher will be amazed with such as your home country.

I hope you the best of luck. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending