The Student Room Group

women having sex with underage boys, is it as bad as the reverse?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redferry
Bleugh. So grim.

And R Kelly is a peadophile. Wonder if he was abused too...

I wouldn't be surprised. I think I read somewhere that men who are abused in their childhood are more likely to become abusers.
Original post by rad_student
I look forward to more updated info/stats than 2010's, tired of repeating same links, see Summary on P11 of 85
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/217824/statistics-women-cjs-2010.pdf

The above was referred by an MP " It looked at every category of offence. For every single category, women are less likely than men to be sent to prison" (http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/?id=2012-10-16a.32.1 ), summary of points here http://brightonmanplan.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/five-myths-about-the-sentencing-of-female-offenders/

Thank you they were interesting however don't really dispute my point. Firstly I didn't argue that women are not punished less severely in most crimes I know it to be the case that they receive less harsh punishments in general.
Also in the first link the only figures were for the general term 'sexual offences' which there are so many variables to I don't even know where to begin (I.e. If men are more likely to commit violent rape but women are more likely to inn appropriately touch a child then of course their sentences would be less). I am willing to accept that female sexual offenders are not judged as harshly however I would like to see comparable figures?
Original post by Gjaykay
Saying it's not as bad for a boy cause they are up for it, yet unable to consent is exactly the same as saying it's cool to rape a lassie who can't consent yet she was up for it.

26% of you make me sick.

You can't deny that the 26% are made up of horny boys who would be grateful for any opportunity to have sex. They're not thinking straight.

But the truth of the matter is, it seems that it matters less to some men than women. Some men genuinely don't see much wrong with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Ade9000
I wouldn't be surprised. I think I read somewhere that men who are abused in their childhood are more likely to become abusers.

Yeah its true, my mum and dad used to both be social workers and it happens a lot.
Original post by Georgie_M
I am willing to accept that female sexual offenders are not judged as harshly however I would like to see comparable figures?

Well I am not sure how they break it down further. Asking the police or related worker may have an idea. I suggest 2 FOI requests 1. for breakdown
2. linking breakdowns by perp's sex/gender & punishment length given at time for last 3 years.
If u do, PM me the results whenever u get it. :smile:

Original post by Georgie_M

Female sex offenders tend tend to get longer sentences than men for similar offences because we as a society are more horrified by the thought of women committing acts as that
Well my criminology lecturers may have presented false figures to us but to be honest it seems unlikely as respected academics but please feel free to prove them wrong as I do not have the source to hand.

Maybe I was too indirect, please present your figures &/or journal where it came from + ideally a source to the original figures.

Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
I guess you could argue it is slightly worse for girls as it would most likely hurt them more (assuming a 13 year old girl isn't fully developed to be having sex at that age) plus there is a risk of pregnancy. However i think they are just as bad as each other, as an adult is taking advantage of an underage child. Is awful :frown:

Girls mature quicker then boys (& age quicker hence 'Hitting the Wall'!), it may be a biological survival of human species (genetically). I.e. the quicker a girl is preganant (puberty at 9+ years) the quicker reproduction is possible given low chances of child mortality, as well as life expectancy being 30s a few millennia ago.
(I guess there are less stories of boys choosing to go back to their female rapists than the other way around.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending