The Student Room Group

Being Bullied at work?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this. A manager at my work is basically bullying me, everything I do is not right and said person gives great pleasure in telling me how I am wrong (even though this is the way I got trained by previous manager). She does not treat any of my colleagues (current ones) in the same way. It is getting the point where it is unbearable now. Said manager will email me with a "problem" and cc in everyone else highlighting that what I have done is wrong, even if it is not me then it's my fault. Said manager swears at me repeatedly throughout the day and has even told me "I don't want you here, you may aswel just leave"

I get humiliated, I got told "I did belittle you in front of everyone, but well you didn't do it my way, so until you do I will continue to belittle you"

Her manager (the CEO) is her Husband and HR Director (he's the only one in HR) is the brother, I have mentioned it and got laughed at and told "and, what should I do"

I am looking for another job, but what do you suggest in the meantime, as I cannot cope much longer
Reply 1
Sounds like harassment.. I'm unsure though as to whether that's a potential police issue. There's really no-one you can take it higher with?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this. A manager at my work is basically bullying me, everything I do is not right and said person gives great pleasure in telling me how I am wrong (even though this is the way I got trained by previous manager). She does not treat any of my colleagues (current ones) in the same way. It is getting the point where it is unbearable now. Said manager will email me with a "problem" and cc in everyone else highlighting that what I have done is wrong, even if it is not me then it's my fault. Said manager swears at me repeatedly throughout the day and has even told me "I don't want you here, you may aswel just leave"

I get humiliated, I got told "I did belittle you in front of everyone, but well you didn't do it my way, so until you do I will continue to belittle you"

Her manager (the CEO) is her Husband and HR Director (he's the only one in HR) is the brother, I have mentioned it and got laughed at and told "and, what should I do"

I am looking for another job, but what do you suggest in the meantime, as I cannot cope much longer

have you spoken to your boss directly? it might be that by confronting her you force her to realise how bad her behaviour makes you feel

have you got a union representative?

can you request a transfer to work under someone else? it might be that they are happy to move you elsewhere and brush the problem under the rug

I would also talk to your colleagues and seek their support in the matter, they don't have to confront your boss but it would be reassuring to you to know they don't believe anything your boss says and recognise her behaviour is wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending