The Student Room Group

Introducing the Study Helpers!

As some of you may have seen from the thread promoting volunteering opportunities on TSR (here), we're now pleased to announce the opening of the Study Helpers group for applications! :biggrin:

We've set out the role in detail here (link), but in summary, Study Helpers are those who are consistently offering help and good advice to members in the Study Help forums. This is an evolution of the Study Help Member of the Month award, allowing us to broaden the scope of those whose contributions we recognise. :biggrin:

For ease of reference, I've reproduced the detailed role description below:

Study Helper role

If you'd like to put yourself forward for the role, please post in the dedicated subforum of Moderation Queries here (link), with a brief explanation of why you think you'd make a good Study Helper. Note that before we can accept a new member into the Study Helper group, we'll look to see that they're active in the Study Help forum, consistently making good posts and not breaking the rules.

If this sounds like something that you'd like to get involved in, we'd love to hear from you! :biggrin: Of course, if you have any questions at all, please post here and we'll try to answer these for you. :smile:
Puddles the Monkey

Ecosse_14

Eloades11

g.k.galloway

HarryMWilliams

Hype en Ecosse

Nirgilis

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have made posts on English Lit GCSE, and have helped a lot of people with their exams and coursework, but mostly via private messaging. Since I am very rarely posting in the Study Help forum, does that disclude me?
Reply 2
Original post by BenAssirati
I have made posts on English Lit GCSE, and have helped a lot of people with their exams and coursework, but mostly via private messaging. Since I am very rarely posting in the Study Help forum, does that disclude me?

We'd generally need to see evidence of activity in the forums themselves, but you're welcome to put yourself forward. :smile:
I'm a little unsure who study helpers will be helping. Is this service primarily aimed at GCSE/A level students, or is it going to encompass all forms of 'study'?

I don't think I'd be much help to GCSE or A level students, having never done them myself - I'd much rather help people who are looking for an alternative routes into university, or with foreign languages/area studies in general as that is what I know about. :hmmmm2:
Reply 4
Original post by Samual
I'm a little unsure who study helpers will be helping. Is this service primarily aimed at GCSE/A level students, or is it going to encompass all forms of 'study'?

I don't think I'd be much help to GCSE or A level students, having never done them myself - I'd much rather help people who are looking for an alternative routes into university, or with foreign languages/area studies in general as that is what I know about. :hmmmm2:

All forms of study :yep: This is about recognising our top contributors to the Study Help section, whatever the subject or level of their contributions.
Original post by Illusionary

How can you have spent more than 10 minutes on the tsr study forums and still think there's no such thing as a stupid question?

:curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
How can you have spent more than 10 minutes on the tsr study forums and still think there's no such thing as a stupid question?

:curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something that you might think of as obvious may well not be to others. :smile: Of course, if you're talking about anything rule-breaking then please report it to us.
Reply 7
whats the reason we have to put in the reason box.?
Reply 8
Original post by kers123
whats the reason we have to put in the reason box.?

I assume you mean on the user groups page, in which case you don't need to put anything in there. Make sure you also create a thread in the study helper applications form (linked in OP) though, and give a brief explanation of why you think you're suited to the role. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something that you might think of as obvious may well not be to others. :smile: Of course, if you're talking about anything rule-breaking then please report it to us.

It's less in the sense of 'obvious to some' and more along the lines of people asking for definitions they could get in 10 seconds from Google and that sort of thing, or asking questions that miss out half the question so are completely unanswerable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
As some of you may have seen from the thread promoting volunteering opportunities on TSR (here), we're now pleased to announce the opening of the Study Helpers group for applications! :biggrin:

We've set out the role in detail here (link), but in summary, Study Helpers are those who are consistently offering help and good advice to members in the Study Help forums. This is an evolution of the Study Help Member of the Month award, allowing us to broaden the scope of those whose contributions we recognise. :biggrin:

For ease of reference, I've reproduced the detailed role description below:

Study Helper role

If you'd like to put yourself forward for the role, please post in the dedicated subforum of Moderation Queries here (link), with a brief explanation of why you think you'd make a good Study Helper. Note that before we can accept a new member into the Study Helper group, we'll look to see that they're active in the Study Help forum, consistently making good posts and not breaking the rules.

If this sounds like something that you'd like to get involved in, we'd love to hear from you! :biggrin: Of course, if you have any questions at all, please post here and we'll try to answer these for you. :smile:

am i able to specialize in one subject? cause i will be able to offer help most for geography
Original post by tgwktm
am i able to specialize in one subject? cause i will be able to offer help most for geography

Yes, of course :yes: It's natural that most people will have a 'speciality' subject.
Reply 12
Original post by Ecosse_14
Yes, of course :yes: It's natural that most people will have a 'speciality' subject.

(Answered my own question!)
Reply 14
All forms of study :yep: This is about recognising our top contributors to the Study Help section, whatever the subject or level of their contributions.

So it's not actually providing any sort of service, just giving a pat on the back to people who already help.

Fantastic, just what we all need :smile:
Original post by samba
So it's not actually providing any sort of service, just giving a pat on the back to people who already help.

Fantastic, just what we all need :smile:

Such a cynic. :tongue:

In any case, think this is a good idea. Would be honoured to be considered.
Reply 16

I am a bit confused here. Do totally new members to the website post a thread on your link or do all of us do it? *confused*

:confused:
Reply 17
Original post by Dynamo123
I am a bit confused here. Do totally new members to the website post a thread on your link or do all of us do it? *confused*

:confused:

Anyone who wants to be considered to join the group should post a thread in the applications forum. We'd only accept those with a proven history of helping in Study Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Anyone who wants to be considered to join the group should post a thread in the applications forum. We'd only accept those with a proven history of helping in Study Help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okie dokie. Thanks :smile:
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
It's less in the sense of 'obvious to some' and more along the lines of people asking for definitions they could get in 10 seconds from Google and that sort of thing, or asking questions that miss out half the question so are completely unanswerable.

Part of being a good teacher is helping people to ask the right questions :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending