The Student Room Group

What's the best thing you've ever learned at school?

Whether it was a life lesson or a specific fact - what's been the best thing you've ever learned at school?

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 1 May to be in with a chance of winning an iPad mini.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That Swaziland is indeed a real place.
Reply 2
"I don't wanna bring up this topic but ask me about it in class"
How important it is to work hard, and to have friends to support you when it gets difficult.

Or that languages are not useless subjects.

Either that or how do write a damn good essay analysing the causes of rebellion under the Tudors.
Reply 4
That the education system is messed up.
'Don't overheat ethanol it's flammable', worst practical lesson of my life :laugh:
To be perfectly honest, I'd say my social skills. I was lucky enough to go to a huge school, and this definitely helped me develop a better sense of identity (relative to others, too) because it meant I could "find my place."
Reply 7
Life doesn't owe you anything, you aren't entitled to reason, happiness, meaning because you exist. As a human, reality is a stack of abstractions, conciousness a freewill is a mere illusion of this abstraction.
Reply 8
Sri Lankans have names as long as a train
Mainly that if you are around people who matter, (i.e. future career, women you like) conduct yourself like some kind of noble prince and people will think a lot of you, even if you end up seeming distant and removed from them.
Even if you stand out from the crowd, if you're confident, people are less likely to bat an eyelid on the differences. :smile:
Reply 11
I was bullied pretty awfully, and I remember my science teacher pulling me aside in secondary school and saying "they'll realise how much of a mistake they made when you're at university and they can't even get a minimum wage job, then suddenly they'll act like you were friends all along."

It still sucked at the time but that stuck with me, and he was right.
Reply 12
Original post by MidnightDream
'Don't overheat ethanol it's flammable', worst practical lesson of my life :laugh:

Got a better one- whilst standing holding a test tube full of blue raging fire 'oh yeah, imflammable is not the opposite of flammable; it's the same thing!'
Reply 13
Think before you speak or be condemned with the dunce hat!
How to: Use the internet.

Seriously.
Reply 15
It is important to rise above those that pick on you.
Reply 16
How to spell "occasionally"
Reply 17
The formula for finding the area enclosed by a polar curve

A=12αβr2dθA=\dfrac{1}{2} \displaystyle \int_\alpha^\beta r^{2} d\theta
All. Of. History.
How to do my own work because the teachers are all ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending