The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Nursing offers.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has an offer from York yet to study any of the branches of nursing?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hiya,

I got an offer on Tuesday after my interview for adult nursing :smile:

When did you have you're interview?x
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyLouise1993x
Hiya,

I got an offer on Tuesday after my interview for adult nursing :smile:

When did you have you're interview?x

Hello,
i got an offer for child nursing in February for child nursing. Not seem any one on here who has had an offer, will it be your first choice?xx
Original post by hannahcxx
Hello,
i got an offer for child nursing in February for child nursing. Not seem any one on here who has had an offer, will it be your first choice?xx

Ahh congrats, its so hard to get into child nursing so you must have done really well! Neither have I haha, didn't think I'd get an offer myself. Yes, will it be yours? Are you living in the student accommodation if you chose it?xx
Reply 4
Ahh congrats, its so hard to get into child nursing so you must have done really well! Neither have I haha, didn't think I'd get an offer myself. Yes, will it be yours? Are you living in the student accommodation if you chose it?xx

Thankyou, I didn't think I would get an offer either! Well done to you too! :smile:I firmed it yesterday, I'm excited. yes will live in accommodation, will you?xx
Thank you :smile: ahh did you, I've still got another uni to reply before I can firm but I'm thinking of withdrawing from it and just firming York! Me too, I can't wait. Yes I will be too, which one are you thinking of?xx
Reply 6
Thank you :smile: ahh did you, I've still got another uni to reply before I can firm but I'm thinking of withdrawing from it and just firming York! Me too, I can't wait. Yes I will be too, which one are you thinking of?xx

Which university are you waiting for? Think Alcuin that's where the teachers said they tend to put the medical students. Will you start I September?xx
Salford I'm still waiting for.. Put it as a last choice just so I had 5 choices haha! Yeah I was thinking there, I'd need a 51 week let and they don't have them for undergraduates there I don't think :frown:
Yes, the September!
Where would you be moving from?xx
Reply 8
Salford I'm still waiting for.. Put it as a last choice just so I had 5 choices haha! Yeah I was thinking there, I'd need a 51 week let and they don't have them for undergraduates there I don't think :frown:
Yes, the September!
Where would you be moving from?xx

I was the same with Bradford, didn't know what else to put for my last choice! I'd need that many weeks too, do Alcuin not do that long? I'm moving from blackpool, where are you moving from?xx
I was the same with Bradford, didn't know what else to put for my last choice! I'd need that many weeks too, do Alcuin not do that long? I'm moving from blackpool, where are you moving from?xx

I don't think so, I saw 51 weeks but just for post graduates.. And the longest is 40 weeks for undergraduates! Halifax do 51 week lets aswell but I really want to stay in Alucin because it's close to where the lectures are going to be! Ahh are you, I'm moving from Liverpool :smile: xx
Reply 10
I don't think so, I saw 51 weeks but just for post graduates.. And the longest is 40 weeks for undergraduates! Halifax do 51 week lets aswell but I really want to stay in Alucin because it's close to where the lectures are going to be! Ahh are you, I'm moving from Liverpool :smile: xx

i will have another look on the website and see, hope they do 51 weeks! I wonder what we have to do next like the CRB check, have started your finance? I've started but it seems complicated!xx
i will have another look on the website and see, hope they do 51 weeks! I wonder what we have to do next like the CRB check, have started your finance? I've started but it seems complicated!xx

Okay, ino same! They do it for us don't they? As long as you've gave them your identification they send off for it I'm sure :smile: I've applied for a maintenance loan from student finance and that's it! Do we apply for the grants from the university once it's firmed? What have you applied for xx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Okay, ino same! They do it for us don't they? As long as you've gave them your identification they send off for it I'm sure :smile: I've applied for a maintenance loan from student finance and that's it! Do we apply for the grants from the university once it's firmed? What have you applied for xx

I hope so! Yes I gave it them on the interview day, didn't know if they would contact us again as we get closer to September. Is the maintenance loan from student finance on direct gov? I'm confused what we apply for! I think we have to apply to the nhs BOSS website to pay from the tuition fees which I started the other day xx
I hope so! Yes I gave it them on the interview day, didn't know if they would contact us again as we get closer to September. Is the maintenance loan from student finance on direct gov? I'm confused what we apply for! I think we have to apply to the nhs BOSS website to pay from the tuition fees which I started the other day xx

They might contact us when they have recieved them and seen it's ok :smile:
Yeah the maintenance loan is from student finance. Ino same, soo confused! Should just be the one website that we apply for the loans and grants from. Oh I'll have to make a start on that then, haven't even heard of that website before hahaha. Does it take a long time to fill in?xx
Reply 14
They might contact us when they have recieved them and seen it's ok :smile:
Yeah the maintenance loan is from student finance. Ino same, soo confused! Should just be the one website that we apply for the loans and grants from. Oh I'll have to make a start on that then, haven't even heard of that website before hahaha. Does it take a long time to fill in?xx

I bet they will, think we have to give them some proof of injections as well! That would be so much easier! Haha it takes longer than the student finance I did yesterday, think it's takes so long because my mum had to fill in a section and she didn't know some of the answers so I couldn't complete it!xx
I bet they will, think we have to give them some proof of injections as well! That would be so much easier! Haha it takes longer than the student finance I did yesterday, think it's takes so long because my mum had to fill in a section and she didn't know some of the answers so I couldn't complete it!xx

Oh yeah probably! I volunteer in alder hey and had to get proof of my injections for that and my doctors wouldn't even give them to me for months. Getting them again is going to be a nightmare haha!
Hate all forms and having to get proof for things :frown: I'm going to start it when I get in later cause I know I'll end up putting it off until it needs to be done.
Can't wait for freshers already hahaha xx
Reply 16
Oh yeah probably! I volunteer in alder hey and had to get proof of my injections for that and my doctors wouldn't even give them to me for months. Getting them again is going to be a nightmare haha!
Hate all forms and having to get proof for things :frown: I'm going to start it when I get in later cause I know I'll end up putting it off until it needs to be done.
Can't wait for freshers already hahaha xx

Oh no, think at my doctors I have to pay about two pounds just to get a copy of the injections! What proof do we need, I saw that on the student finance form but don't know how to prove it's an nhs course! I'm so excited for Freshers, apparently derwent have the best Freshers but I was looking at James college the other day and it had a list of what they did for Freshers last year and it looked good! I tweeted accommodation at York yesterday and they said alcuin is available but on the website it isn't an option so who knows!xx
Oh no, think at my doctors I have to pay about two pounds just to get a copy of the injections! What proof do we need, I saw that on the student finance form but don't know how to prove it's an nhs course! I'm so excited for Freshers, apparently derwent have the best Freshers but I was looking at James college the other day and it had a list of what they did for Freshers last year and it looked good! I tweeted accommodation at York yesterday and they said alcuin is available but on the website it isn't an option so who knows!xx

Oh I need to change doctors then hahaha :smile: phone them up and ask, you might only need the letter from York saying your doing nursing cause every nursing course is nhs isn't it.
Do you, I like the look of derwent. What do James college do? I couldn't find much on that one. Soo hard to decide isn't it haha x
Reply 18
Oh I need to change doctors then hahaha :smile: phone them up and ask, you might only need the letter from York saying your doing nursing cause every nursing course is nhs isn't it.
Do you, I like the look of derwent. What do James college do? I couldn't find much on that one. Soo hard to decide isn't it haha x

Haha can't afford to be paying just for a piece of paper hahahašŸ˜‚ will do, good idea! I liked derwent too but I would prefer to have a bathroom in my room as it will be easier to get ready on the night shift and early mornings, don't think james have a subject but are just another college. It's so hard to decide, I want to go to the one with the best Freshers week haha xx
Haha can't afford to be paying just for a piece of paper hahahašŸ˜‚ will do, good idea! I liked derwent too but I would prefer to have a bathroom in my room as it will be easier to get ready on the night shift and early mornings, don't think james have a subject but are just another college. It's so hard to decide, I want to go to the one with the best Freshers week haha xx

Oh I didn't realise there wasn't ensuites in derwent :frown:
Ano same, I've heard Alcuin and James are good for freshers! Just hope I like everyone I get put with hahaha. Would be horrible having to live with people you don't get along with xx

Quick Reply

Latest