The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Whats Brunel like?

Ive had an offer from Brunel and Loughborough for product design engineering and im torn between the two, what is life like at Brunel?
Reply 1
Hello,

I think you should choose Brunel (not being biased because I go there). However when you think of Loughborough the main thing there is Sports and they strive for sporting excellence. Brunel is probably better for product design and engineering, after all the uni is named after Isambard Kingdom Brunel a top engineer.

Your question is quiet broad, but if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. I am a current 2nd year student at Brunel so I should be able to help :smile:
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Brunel much like the above poster is a bubble.

It's a lovely campus, halls are decent and pretty self contained, the night life is decent and central is always a train journey away which will cater for all tastes.
We have a lot of clubs and societies that'll keep you busy when you're not studying, from what I've seen from friends though design can be quite a demanding course but they do enjoy it.

Feel free to ask for anything more specific.
Brunel as their product design course is ranked higher.

Loughborough for student experience / campus vibe.

I doubt they'd be much difference in terms of employment prospects, so I'd go with the course/teaching methods that work best for you, and where you'd rather stay for the next 3 years.
Does anyone know how the psychology course is?
I'd say go for Loughborough as they have more of a name with employers in general than Brunel.
Plus loughborough is known for the student experience, however Brunel apparently attracts the "smart gangsters of london"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending