The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science

Hello there,

I am a first year student, i study biomedical science and i am really not sure if i will do medicine after my degree but i am really interested in medicine. I want to eat breathe and live science , does anyone know what i can do to help me grow in sciences and medicine ? events to join? open lectures to attend etc , i want to build a really good CV while i'm at university as my course is very competitive for greater job opprotunities. Thank you
Original post by MedicalGabriel
Hello there,

I am a first year student, i study biomedical science and i am really not sure if i will do medicine after my degree but i am really interested in medicine. I want to eat breathe and live science , does anyone know what i can do to help me grow in sciences and medicine ? events to join? open lectures to attend etc , i want to build a really good CV while i'm at university as my course is very competitive for greater job opprotunities. Thank you

What career do you actually want to follow?
I personally want to be a teacher and so, while at sixth form, I was a TA for 2 hours a week (Teacher's assistant) for the two years I was in sixth form in year 8 science classes.

Doing the same degree as you.
With this, I can now apply to be an exam invigilator (however likely they are to hire me) at exam centres which will hopefully further my career prospects in this and since exams are only 3 months away, they have started posting adverts (mainly for students because of cheap wages...), but at least it is something. :smile:

Most say the requirement "Have at least a term's worth of Teacher's Assistant experience to be an exam invigilator" or "For a Teacher's assistant, have a certified qualification" - this I unfortunately don't have...

Still, £7 an hour for an exam invigilator isn't bad wages... (for a student)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending