The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Global Health BSc Queen Mary

Anyone else got an offer to study the new Global Health degree at Queen Mary? I've just heard back from all my unis so looking at accepting it now :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi I've firmed an offer for Global Health at QM :smile: Haven't really heard of anyone else applying for this course though
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey guys, I also have an offer for Global Health at QM :smile: I shall be putting it as my insurance as soon as I get around to it!!! Its good to know that other people have applied.
I got into this course. Also global health at kings, and public health at LSHTM - not sure which one to accept!
Reply 4
Original post by batgirlspineapples
I got into this course. Also global health at kings, and public health at LSHTM - not sure which one to accept!

Its good to have choices though :biggrin: I also have an offer from kings for global health! Im going to put it as my firm.
Hey guys! I'm applying for the Global Health BSc too, transferring from a Midwifery degree actually. Just wondering if QM interviewed everyone for the course or did they just give out offers/rejections? Really hoping I get an offer as I'm risking everything for this, but it is what I really want to do!
Reply 6
Original post by purplehaathi
Hey guys! I'm applying for the Global Health BSc too, transferring from a Midwifery degree actually. Just wondering if QM interviewed everyone for the course or did they just give out offers/rejections? Really hoping I get an offer as I'm risking everything for this, but it is what I really want to do!

They didn't interview me officially, although I visited them in February when I was thinking about applying and had a chat with a few people from the department, but I don't think they considered that when they gave me my offer :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about putting Global Health as my firm, especially since it'll be taught at the medical/dental school making it pretty unique to other Global Health degree programmes. I have a couple of worries since it's a brand new course at QMUL. No one has ever been taught the course as a Bsc so I don't want to suffer the consequences of being the guinea pig. However, if there are fewer students then hopefully they'll be a more students to staff especially at the seminars. Plus QMUL isn't a high ranked Russell group university, so I don't want to be fighting to prove myself after I graduate. Is studying a course like neuroscience at KCL a better option?
Reply 8
Original post by Shinzō
Hey guys,
I'm thinking about putting Global Health as my firm, especially since it'll be taught at the medical/dental school making it pretty unique to other Global Health degree programmes. I have a couple of worries since it's a brand new course at QMUL. No one has ever been taught the course as a Bsc so I don't want to suffer the consequences of being the guinea pig. However, if there are fewer students then hopefully they'll be a more students to staff especially at the seminars. Plus QMUL isn't a high ranked Russell group university, so I don't want to be fighting to prove myself after I graduate. Is studying a course like neuroscience at KCL a better option?

Hey, I went to Barts to talk to a couple of the leaders of the programme a while ago and they really seem to know what they are talking about and are invested in making it work. The MSc has been very successful. I can't comment on neuroscience at kings. :smile:
Reply 9
Can someone help me and talk me through this course and what careers it will lead to? Thinking about doing it..
Reply 10
Original post by batgirlspineapples

Hi there, I'm also applying to study Global Health.

What other unis did you apply too?

Did they offer you conditional or unconditional offer?

Help! What does your personal statement look like
I think KCL does global health as well
My personal statement as originally for medicine as I went through UCAS extra. But it was mostly about what I wanted to do, worj experience in various hospitals. Aspects of the course that interest me etc.
But QMUL and KCL are the only two universities that teach Global Health as a BSc. What other universities did you guys apply to?
Original post by zebra5678963212
But QMUL and KCL are the only two universities that teach Global Health as a BSc. What other universities did you guys apply to?

Well technically no, I know medicine students who did Global Health at UCL, though only available to them I guess.
Original post by Iqbal007
Well technically no, I know medicine students who did Global Health at UCL, though only available to them I guess.

Yeah, they're available as Intercalated degrees at most universiteis (which last about a year) for medic students, but not as a 3 year BSc degree. I can't find any other ones. I was looking at applying to International Development/Development Studies BA as my other options, as it has modules about looking at health inequalities in more developing countries. Or is it too different to Global Health degrees?
Anyone currently studying at Queen Mary's doing Global health give any indication what the course is like, is it mostly scientific study or is it more statistical and figures etc, what are the timetabled hours are like, how difficult are you finding it, what other courses you originally applied for, would you recommend it etc Thank you
Hi I have applied for Global Health at King's and Queen Mary this year. Has anyone else applied for this? I was also wondering if anyone's doing this course currently and could let me know what it's like . Thank you
Original post by Iqbal007

Are you currently studying Global Health or have you applied?
Original post by skelly123
Are you currently studying Global Health or have you applied?

nope, completely different.......I just know a lot Medical students
Original post by OGHobden
Hey, I went to Barts to talk to a couple of the leaders of the programme a while ago and they really seem to know what they are talking about and are invested in making it work. The MSc has been very successful. I can't comment on neuroscience at kings. :smile:

Hi, might you be knowing what the Msc is like? I'm an international student and would like to find out as I applied and got an offer for September. Thanks 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest