The Student Room Group

New PhD at Manchester Univeristy - student accommodation

Hi,

I am starting my PhD in september 2014 at Manchester Uni, in Geology.

I was wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat as I dont know anybody and would perhaps like to look for a house share together?
or if anyone knows of any nice places to live. I don't think i would like halls unless its sharing with like 3/4 people. i couldn't cope with sharing with 22 people like at Keele.

Thanks!

Ginny
Reply 1
Original post by ginnybradley
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat as I dont know anybody and would perhaps like to look for a house share together?
or if anyone knows of any nice places to live. I don't think i would like halls unless its sharing with like 3/4 people. i couldn't cope with sharing with 22 people like at Keele.

Thanks!

Ginny

Hi Ginny,

I have a spare double bedroom available for £85 a week, all bills included, with a washer/dryer. Desks/chairs/etc will be provided, and it is currently getting refurbished, so you will have nice, new furniture :smile: 1 minute away from bus stops/Oxford Road (so a 10 minutes walk to the UoM campus), and 3 minutes from shops. It is a 51 week tenancy, from September 6th 2014-September 1st 2015

I'm pretty easygoing, clean, tidy, and quite quiet, but I'm really chatty, and love meeting new people. If you're interested, please PM me! :smile:

I'm also quite focused on work, so we'll be on the same page! I study BSc (Hons) Geography, and will be a second year, so it would be interesting to get to know you, but I'm mature, and get along with most people
Reply 2
Original post by ginnybradley
Hi,

Thanks!

Ginny

Hey, I have a single en suite room available in MSV South private student halls for the academic year 2014-2015. It's situated on Great Western Street, just off Oxford Road at the start of the curry mile. It is a 10 min walk into uni and has excellent transport links to the city centre and Fallowfield as well as being near lots of shops and restaurants.
It is a shared 4 bedroom flat so the kitchen and lounge is shared. 2 of the other flatmates are friends of mine and are both very friendly as well as clean and tidy.
It is £99 per week all bills included as well as on site management and security. There is a £95 application fee and the contract is 44 weeks.
Let me know if you're interested
Hi Ginny,

I'm sure you've found somewhere by now, but if not then I'd love to chat. I start a PhD in graphene in September, and I'm really keen to move into a house with other PhD students. Somewhere nice and sociable but not too mad - I'm over this whole 'undergrad experience'!

Let me know if you are still looking,

Georgia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending