The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Nutford House

Hello!
Anyone going to King's Sept. 2014 thinking about staying at the Nutford House (catered) for their accomodation :smile:?
Reply 1
Hey, I am! It works out the same as King's self-catered accom, but its catered so it saves money so it appealed to me :smile: Also it looks beautiful! But I'm not so eager about sharing toilets with the whole corridor... what campus are you based at?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hey Hey,
I'm at the Strand Campus which is why I'm thinking about the Nutford house, the location is just so good :F which campus are you going to be at btw :smile:?
Reply 3
Original post by vicks934
Hey Hey,
I'm at the Strand Campus which is why I'm thinking about the Nutford house, the location is just so good :F which campus are you going to be at btw :smile:?

I would be at the Strand campus too as I'm doing law! I agree with you, its in marble arch which is a lovely place!
Reply 4
Original post by merrrrr
Hey, I am! It works out the same as King's self-catered accom, but its catered so it saves money so it appealed to me :smile: Also it looks beautiful! But I'm not so eager about sharing toilets with the whole corridor... what campus are you based at?

It isn't bad at all (though some **** flooded the toilets twice last year on purpose). Though... I never took a bath in the tub - it just didn't... appeal to me.

The floors are separated by gender (it was males = 1st,3rd, females - 2nd,4th when i was there) so you won't have any awkward moving from shower to room situations.
Reply 5
Original post by hslakaal
It isn't bad at all (though some **** flooded the toilets twice last year on purpose). Though... I never took a bath in the tub - it just didn't... appeal to me.

The floors are separated by gender (it was males = 1st,3rd, females - 2nd,4th when i was there) so you won't have any awkward moving from shower to room situations.

Ah I see thank you! Do you go to Kings, if so, what campus are you based at>?
Reply 6
Original post by merrrrr
Ah I see thank you! Do you go to Kings, if so, what campus are you based at>?

Yes, Guy's.
Reply 7
Original post by hslakaal
Yes, Guy's.

Ah, I'll be at the Strand, so I'm not sure whether to put it down as one of my choices because I would have to take a bus/tube to get there from Nutford which would incur more costs?
Reply 8
Original post by merrrrr
Ah, I'll be at the Strand, so I'm not sure whether to put it down as one of my choices because I would have to take a bus/tube to get there from Nutford which would incur more costs?

About 80 quid a month I believe, which you'd need to pay for any other hall pretty much. You could walk it, if you really want. The other Intercollegiates aren't shabby either. Or you could get a cheap bike and cycle. It's pretty much a straight path to Aldwych
Hey :smile:

I'm in the same situation as you...but can't decide if being in an intercollegiate hall would seperate us from the social aspects of Kings :/ if you get what I mean.

Have you put Nutford as your top choice?
Original post by JimenyBillyBob
Hey :smile:

I'm in the same situation as you...but can't decide if being in an intercollegiate hall would seperate us from the social aspects of Kings :/ if you get what I mean.

Have you put Nutford as your top choice?

Hey :smile: I havent actually made my accom choices yet haha! But I'm worried about that too, Nutford house will probably be one of my options though as its so cheap! That and Connaught :smile:
Original post by merrrrr
Hey :smile: I havent actually made my accom choices yet haha! But I'm worried about that too, Nutford house will probably be one of my options though as its so cheap! That and Connaught :smile:

I'm looking at Connaught right now! And liking the look of it xD

Are you dead set on living in intercollegiate halls?
Original post by JimenyBillyBob
I'm looking at Connaught right now! And liking the look of it xD

Are you dead set on living in intercollegiate halls?

Yeah it looks cool, slightly above my budget though but I guess it includes food. Um not really, I just think its a cheaper option than going to SS or GDSA
Reply 13
Hello! :smile:
I've decided to put Wolfson House down as my first choice but Nutford is my second choice :F although I love the location and all the set food hours just really put me off it in the end after having been at a boarding school

Quick Reply

Latest