The Student Room Group

help?

so, i want to be an occupational therapist. but i'm not sure which A level subjects i need to choose. any advice?
Original post by MrCookie
so, i want to be an occupational therapist. but i'm not sure which A level subjects i need to choose. any advice?

Hi many universities don't ask for a specific subject however some might ask for biology i think.The ones i have applied to didn't ask for anything specific,if i was you look in advance at any universities you might want to apply to. you will have to apply to a university accredited by the cot (if you don't know which ones are accredited il send you a link to make the a level decision easier for you :smile: )
I think psychology,Health and Social,Biology and possibly sociology are common ones though :smile:
good luck :smile:
Reply 2
thanks alot! this really helped:biggrin: one more question though, do we need chemistry?:redface:
andd a link would be great. thanks again:3
Original post by MrCookie
thanks alot! this really helped:biggrin: one more question though, do we need chemistry?:redface:
andd a link would be great. thanks again:3

http://www.cot.co.uk/become-ot is the link go on the careers handbook it's helpful to download and print of tells you what you need to know :smile:
Iv never heard of a university asking for chemistry for ot however id check the universitys particularly higher grade ones if your not sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest