The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
generalebriety
How? It sounds like the sort of thing I'd have called my dad if he wore shorts when I was 4. :confused:

New idea. Spray deodorant or water at it. I sprayed water at one once (because it and many other insects were attacking my lightbulb all at once and playing hell with the lighting). It flew over to the wall. I sprayed it again ten times or so and it slid down the wall, fell, and died.

:biggrin:

lol
Reply 21
What annoys me about these insects (yes, they are not arachnids) is how redonculously large they can get. I was just brushing my teeth and as I reached for my towl, I saw a FAT MASSIVE spider-like creature with wings on it....motionless...staring at me with those tiny eyes...waiting....
Reply 22
You could get a mosquito net to put over your window. You basicly stick it to the window so they can't get in. We use them all the time in north of sweden because mosquitos would eat you alive during the night otherwise.
Optimistic
What annoys me about these insects (yes, they are not arachnids) is how redonculously large they can get. I was just brushing my teeth and as I reached for my towl, I saw a FAT MASSIVE spider-like creature with wings on it....motionless...staring at me with those tiny eyes...waiting....

And I'm sure the poor thing was chuffed to wake up from its nap only to see some huge ****er with beady eyes the size of its body staring straight at it, foaming at the mouth.
Reply 24
Jonatan
You could get a mosquito net to put over your window. You basicly stick it to the window so they can't get in. We use them all the time in north of sweden because mosquitos would eat you alive during the night otherwise.

Sounds like a good idea.
Reply 25
It knows I'm afraid
Jonatan

Very clever. Except I'm fairly sure they don't sell mosquito nets round here. There's no demand for them because, well, we don't, you know, have mosquitoes.
Reply 27
Get a bug zapper or 1 of those sheet things to hang from your ceiling and drape over the bed. OR stop being a wimp.
Reply 28
Nessyfencer
Sounds like a good idea.

Aye, I dunno where you buy them in Britain tho. I suppose if its just daddy long legs that is the problem then any old net that they can't get through will do the job if you just tape it over the window.
Elipsis
OR stop being a wimp.

Says the boy who thinks "girls don't poop". :rolleyes:
Reply 30
generalebriety
Very clever. Except I'm fairly sure they don't sell mosquito nets round here. There's no demand for them because, well, we don't, you know, have mosquitoes.

Actually, mosquitoes do exist in England.
Jonatan
Aye, I dunno where you buy them in Britain tho. I suppose if its just daddy long legs that is the problem then any old net that they can't get through will do the job if you just tape it over the window.

Mmm, would be difficult to find one with holes small enough. Can't mosquitoes stab you through the holes with their proboscis, even if they can't get through?
Fleece
Actually, mosquitoes do exist in England.

I was waiting for someone to say that. I've never actually seen one or been bitten by one in my life, and I've been to a fair few places in England. Where?
Reply 33
generalebriety

There has to be some kind of netting you can get. Just tape a huge patch of net above the window and make it lose enough that you can open the window without removing it. Heck, you could even use an old sheet and pierce some holes in it that are too small for them to get through.
Reply 34
generalebriety
Mmm, would be difficult to find one with holes small enough. Can't mosquitos stab you through the holes with their proboscis, even if they can't get through?

You put them in the window so they don't get in. And yea, the holes can't be much larger than a few millimetres if you want to stop mosquitos. Daddy long legs are much larger tho.
Reply 35
generalebriety
I was waiting for someone to say that. I've never actually seen one or been bitten by one in my life, and I've been to a fair few places in England. Where?

Dunno, but there are about 32 species in Great Britain. I watched a documentary on it the other night actually during my insomnia haha. Can't remember where they were though.
Reply 36
generalebriety

Swamps. And other deserted wastelands.

So basically up north.
Optimistic
Swamps. And other deserted wastelands.

So basically up north.

...thanks... :eek:

(Cockney git. :biggrin:)
Reply 38
They will obviously sell a mosquito net in a travel shop.
Reply 39
i hate these spiders.

Latest

Trending

Trending