The Student Room Group

GCSE Graphic Products 2014 Coursework Help?

Hi has anyone got any example courseworks or any info that can help my with my coursework? My revision guide is useless, as is my teacher.
Original post by vuvuzela
Hi has anyone got any example courseworks or any info that can help my with my coursework? My revision guide is useless, as is my teacher.

Is there anything specifically you need to know? I got full marks in the coursework and exam FYI.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. The whole coursework, i feel I am missing bits out and my teacher marks it and tells us how many marks he thinks we havr so far, but never how to improve. Was yours electronic or not, and what was your coursework based around. Mine is a race and chase board game. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in year 10 now and I'm making a phine if the future which is good but boring. We're gonna do the board game next year. And u should have like a marking scheme which should help u, but if u don't go to the edexcel website and find a marking sheet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Sorry, we are talking about AQA here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your reply. The whole coursework, i feel I am missing bits out and my teacher marks it and tells us how many marks he thinks we havr so far, but never how to improve. Was yours electronic or not, and what was your coursework based around. Mine is a race and chase board game. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was a project based on 'Movie marketing', so producing advertising mediums. In your situation, the best advice I can give you is to go to your teacher outside of lessons and ask him specifically what to do. I'm very sorry that he doesn't seem to be doing his job properly, but ultimately a GCSE is a GCSE and you need to responsibility for your own learning.

Perhaps look at the mark scheme on the AQA website? That's very helpful because it tells you exactly what you need to do.
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have asked him, he says its my presentation letting me down. That's so vague and stupid, the moderator doesn't really care what it looks like its the content that . The idiots in my class who spend whole lessons making it look pretty are going to get better marks than me because he is thick. The best grade he has ever given at GCSE is a B and now he has 3 students who are expecting A stars and he doesn't know what to do.
Reply 7
Bump. Still waiting for help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have asked him, he says its my presentation letting me down. That's so vague and stupid, the moderator doesn't really care what it looks like its the content that . The idiots in my class who spend whole lessons making it look pretty are going to get better marks than me because he is thick. The best grade he has ever given at GCSE is a B and now he has 3 students who are expecting A stars and he doesn't know what to do.

With all due respect, the course is called "Graphic Products" - Of course it matters how it looks like. Presentation is just as, if not more, important than content. You can have the most brilliant content in the world but if it isn't presented properly, nobody is going to read it.

Graphic design is essentially the study of how to present data in a clear, informative and user-friendly manner. Making it look 'pretty' might seem unimportant for you, but that's what Graphics is about I'm afraid.
Reply 9
No disrespect, That makes no sense. There are 6 marks on the scheme for presentation, spelling punctuation and grammar. Please, and spare me the 'all those marks make a difference' speech, explain why when the moderator reads the idiots' work he will agree with the C grade they are getting, but also agree with the B i am getting because my teacher is also a fool. You said if it isn't properly presented nobody will read it. Understandably, that applies to situations where people are not getting paid to do such, unlike the teachers and moderators in question.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I do apologise if i come across as rude, its more anger. I came here looking for some A* examples or A* advice or tips, as I can't get any example work higher than a B from my teacher, or at least anything beneficial for a student capable of more than a B. I want to see what A* work is or how I can do it, that's the long and short of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thread is 4 weeks old but if you're still doing coursework, I do AQA Graphic Products and got an A* in the coursework. Also did the race and chase board game design brief so if there's anything you need help on/need examples of feel free to ask. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Thanks yellowcopter. Did you hand yours in electronically? Teacher is not accepting work after tomorrow but if you have an electronic copy i could compare to give me an estimation that would be great. I am handing it in totally blind apart from the fact that he said i lost all in all about 3 marks in the design and making sections, but i dont trust my teachers opinion so im totally clueless. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Sorry man doing AQA. Appreciate your offer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest