The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham University Chemistry Applicants 2014

Heyy :smile:

I noticed that there wasn't a 'conversation' for people who had applied/ had been accepted to Nottingham to do chemistry.

I have put them as my firm - so excited!

Who else has applied? :smile:

x
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HatHughes

I noticed that there wasn't a 'conversation' for people who had applied/ had been accepted to Nottingham to do chemistry.

x

I have firmed them for Mchem with a year in industry :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

x

Original post by Killercornflakes
I have firmed them for Mchem with a year in industry :biggrin:

Same :biggrin: can't wait any longer now!
Have you guys been allocated accommodation yet?
Reply 3
I've firmed to study Medicinal and biological chemistry w/ year in industry :biggrin:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Same :biggrin: can't wait any longer now!
Have you guys been allocated accommodation yet?

Yeah, i've been allocated Cavendish hall, what about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Also firmed my offer to do an MChem with a year in industry. Really excited! :biggrin:
Original post by Killercornflakes
Yeah, i've been allocated Cavendish hall, what about you? :smile:

Rutland hall :smile:
Reply 7
Firmed my offer for MChem Chemistry and currently allocated Rutland Hall for accomodation. Nice to see other Chemistry applicants on TSR!
Reply 8
I've been offered Lenton & Wortley!! So excited too - shame we have to get our grades before then! :tongue:
Original post by enza252
Firmed my offer for MChem Chemistry and currently allocated Rutland Hall for accomodation. Nice to see other Chemistry applicants on TSR!

Same hall and course. What a coincidence? :smile: is yours just the straight masters?
I've been offered Lenton & Wortley!! So excited too - shame we have to get our grades before then! :tongue:

Congrats :smile: I have to get AAB, which is fine but an A in chemistry will be a stretch
Reply 11
Same hall and course. What a coincidence? :smile: is yours just the straight masters?

Coincidence indeed! Yes, straight 4 year MChem for now, I haven't decided about a year in industry or abroad as I thought I'd leave that decision for another year down the line.
Original post by enza252
Coincidence indeed! Yes, straight 4 year MChem for now, I haven't decided about a year in industry or abroad as I thought I'd leave that decision for another year down the line.

Fair enough, I went for the year in industry because its apparently easier to transfer out if it than in :smile:
Reply 13
Fair enough, I went for the year in industry because its apparently easier to transfer out if it than in :smile:

Awesome! I didn't know that, but I still have no idea what I want to do - I applied for Chemistry because it's the only subject I have always enjoyed studying!
Original post by enza252
Awesome! I didn't know that, but I still have no idea what I want to do - I applied for Chemistry because it's the only subject I have always enjoyed studying!

You shouldn't have a problem transferring though if you wanted. Ah fair enough, I know what you mean :smile:
Reply 15
You shouldn't have a problem transferring though if you wanted. Ah fair enough, I know what you mean :smile:

What are you currently studying?
Original post by enza252
What are you currently studying?

Biology, chemistry and maths, dropped psychology earlier this year :smile: how about you?
Reply 17
Biology, chemistry and maths, dropped psychology earlier this year :smile: how about you?

Physics, Maths and Chemistry! Dropped Biology last year because our department isn't the greatest and I thought I'd end up with one of the worser teachers, and I did better in Maths overall last year.
Original post by enza252
Physics, Maths and Chemistry! Dropped Biology last year because our department isn't the greatest and I thought I'd end up with one of the worser teachers, and I did better in Maths overall last year.

Fair enough, biology A2 is amazing though :tongue: I take it you only need to get ABB? I hate maths personally, but I did well in it last year so just kept it
Reply 19
Fair enough, biology A2 is amazing though :tongue: I take it you only need to get ABB? I hate maths personally, but I did well in it last year so just kept it

ABB yes, thankfully. A lot of people I spoke to on the UCAS day had AAB.

I hate being examined on maths, because the questions are so cryptic, but the fundamental is interesting. The way you're examined on it sucks though. Core 4 exams are the light at the end of the tunnel because they don't mess around and just say "do this this and this to find this". I like that, because I don't have to think too much!

Quick Reply

Latest