The Student Room Group

can you do a levels and btec courses together

i am gonna do 4 alevels but i also wanna do a btec. can i?
Original post by ayylmao97
i am gonna do 4 alevels but i also wanna do a btec. can i?

You can, but I don't see why you would want to when you'll have enough work with 4 A levels :redface:

Which A levels and which BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yes that's quite a good idea since most universities don't even care what you get when you drop an AS subject.
It could also act as backup, if exams don't go as planned.
Reply 3
Original post by Changing Skies
You can, but I don't see why you would want to when you'll have enough work with 4 A levels :redface:

Which A levels and which BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was thinking of doing maths, history of art, history and english lit with a btec in art and design (level2 or foundation)
i was thinking of doing maths, history of art, history and english lit with a btec in art and design (level2 or foundation)

Fair enough :smile: I'd be wary that most of your choices have quite a heavy workload. But if you're prepared to try then by all means, go ahead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It'll be a lot of work to keep up with. If you want to do that many though why don't you just do an A Level in Art and Design? You can take up to 5 AS levels.
Reply 6
Original post by corax
It'll be a lot of work to keep up with. If you want to do that many though why don't you just do an A Level in Art and Design? You can take up to 5 AS levels.

i can't do a level art cuz i didn't take it at GCSE but you don't need the gcse grade if you want to do it at btec level 1 or 2
Reply 7
i can't do a level art cuz i didn't take it at GCSE but you don't need the gcse grade if you want to do it at btec level 1 or 2

Ah do you? I do A Level Photography and I didn't do GCSE Art but got in by showing them some images.
I'd recommend doing it at level 2 then as level 1 is probably really basic stuff.
Reply 8
can i do the btec in a different college?

Quick Reply

Latest