The Student Room Group

What can I do with chemistry, physics, maths and french a level?

Im not sure what kind of career i want yet. Would i still be able to do medical stuff without a biology a level? What careers could i do with chemistry, physics, maths and french?
Without biology, you probably can't do medicine. However, I have heard of people getting in to do medicine without it. It depends.

Why not consider Chemistry or Physics at uni? Perhaps Engineering? Or maybe even NatSci?
Original post by HollyMan
Im not sure what kind of career i want yet. Would i still be able to do medical stuff without a biology a level? What careers could i do with chemistry, physics, maths and french?

Some Medical schools don't require A-Level Biology (But I think all recommend it) Otherwise you're set for basically all Physical science degrees (Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Physics, Astronomy etc etc), Engineering (some unis will require Further Maths though), Maths (again with the further maths) and perhaps French or another language, if they don't mind you not having any humanities.
Original post by HollyMan

well.. for starters you can do chemistry, physics, maths.... and french...

computer science, engineering, natural sciences, economics. Medicine may be accessible in places which do not ask for biology, however, biology would be incredibly useful I assume.

There are many doors waiting to be opened with your choices, just look into the subject which appeals the most to you.
Reply 4
These were my exact a levels, and i contemplated applying for most of the degrees mentioned in this thread. Ended up going for medicine. currently a 2nd yr med student. It is possible, though youve not put yourself in the best possible position. I had only 4 choices (given the lack of biology at as or a2) so had to smash UKCAT in order to have a chance at interviews and ofcourse NEEEED a decent personal statement, cannot stress that part enough!

Original post by suzylemonade
Without biology, you probably can't do medicine. However, I have heard of people getting in to do medicine without it. It depends.

C'est possible.

Good luck.
Original post by tpxvs
These were my exact a levels, and i contemplated applying for most of the degrees mentioned in this thread. Ended up going for medicine. currently a 2nd yr med student. It is possible, though youve not put yourself in the best possible position. I had only 4 choices (given the lack of biology at as or a2) so had to smash UKCAT in order to have a chance at interviews and ofcourse NEEEED a decent personal statement, cannot stress that part enough!

C'est possible.

Good luck.

Yes, I know. I said in my post 'I've heard of people getting in to do medicine without it'

Quick Reply

Latest