The Student Room Group

Do you use storage facility during vacation?

Hello,

Do you use a storage facility to store your goods during vacation?
Can you recommend one?

Or you prefer to move/ship all you have back home?
Don't have to move my stuff out during Christmas and Easter break at the halls am at. As these are include in our contract. Depends on the length of contract and the hall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Big Box do storage space. They or similar are in most towns. Not expensive.
Lots of halls allow you to leave your stuff there over xmas and easter. It's also normal in most cities to be allowed to leave your stuff in your second year house over the summer, and you always can over xmas and easter.

British students will tend to drive their stuff home for the holidays, if they have to vacate their accommodation. If you're an international student, and tenancy dates mean that moving stuff into your second year house isn't practical (or you need to vacate over xmas and easter) you can use a self storage company.

Look for one that will pick your stuff up from you - there's no reasonable way that you'd want to start carting your stuff across the city to a self storage place on an industrial estate.

Of course, never leave anything in self storage that is financially or sentimentally valuable, or which you can't afford to lose for another reason.
Reply 4
Last year I used Unimove, they sent me boxes, picked them up and brought them back to me in September. They don't charge for the storage bit, just the moving. I was moving from Manchester to London, it was quite cheap really. I think prices have stayed the same this year too. Hope that helps.
Is there any storage space available for rent during summer?
I honestly don't know how other international students do it. Do they ship all plates, cutlery, beddings, bedroom electronics, clothes etc by post? That must cost a fortune :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czechmishaout
Is there any storage space available for rent during summer?
I honestly don't know how other international students do it. Do they ship all plates, cutlery, beddings, bedroom electronics, clothes etc by post? That must cost a fortune :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, there are plenty of self storage companies around eg Big yellow self storage, safestorage etc. Fun fact for the day: the UK has the largest self storage market in Europe.

Just make sure you look for one that will pick up your stuff - lugging everything you own across town on the bus isn't fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending