The Student Room Group

Need a little help.

I am from India. I will be studying in an IB school from 9th grade. We are allowed to take only one language as a second language. The options are : French,Spanish,and Hindi. I am great at hindi, and have no experience of the other two subjects.
However, I would most probably be studying in an university abroad ( UK, US ).
Which of the above languages should I chose, so that my chances for getting in a good university (Cambridge )are maximum ? Also, do universities count hindi as a foreign language, the same as they do with French and Spanish ?
yeah ofcourse hindi is counted as a foreign language
if i were you, i'd go with that...
you'd probably ace it and get really good in it
whereas, with spanish or french, you're not so great at them so it makes no sense to do them
Reply 2
Original post by sid2000
I am from India. I will be studying in an IB school from 9th grade. We are allowed to take only one language as a second language. The options are : French,Spanish,and Hindi. I am great at hindi, and have no experience of the other two subjects.
However, I would most probably be studying in an university abroad ( UK, US ).
Which of the above languages should I chose, so that my chances for getting in a good university (Cambridge )are maximum ? Also, do universities count hindi as a foreign language, the same as they do with French and Spanish ?

The advice you'll receive here is inaccurate and not official. If you want a definite answer, consider speaking/emailing Cambridge themselves, or ask the admissions tutor on this forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending