The Student Room Group

Your View on Business Information Technology BSc Degree?

[h="3"]i like business and IT but i am not tooo interested in the scientific side of computers (system administrator, business analyst etc
[/h]
what is job prospect good for this degree?
is it in high demand?
it is going to grow in the future?

Should i do Business Informaton Technology, or just study Computing Bsc?

BSc Business Information Technology
Stage 1

100CDE - Professional Skills
110CT Introduction to Programming
104KM Enterprise Information Systems
126COM Business Decision Making
118COM IT Infrastructure and Service Management
119COM Current Technologies
On Campus Only: 100CDE Professional Skills (10 credits)

Stage 2

206CDE Real World Project
204KM Operational Research
220CT Data and Information Retrieval
205CDE Developing the Modern Web 1
246COM Computer Simulation
290COM Technology and its Social, Legal and Ethical Context
On Campus Only: 290COM Technology and its Social, Legal and Ethical Context (10 credits) and Stage 2 ACU module (10 credits)

Stage 3

303COM Individual Project
321COM Rapid Application Development
304KM Information Technology and Global Development
386COM Business Continuity and Compliance
Free Option module from the following
353EM Strategic Management and Leadership in Technology Org389COM Open Source Development
305CDE Modern Web Development 2
303EKM Project Management
On-Campus Only: 303COM (30 credits) and 10-credit stage 3 ACU module or 250EC or 240EC.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
im looking at this course as an option as well, u start from the beginning pretty much, as in, year one is just to settle people in, 95% leave and be straight into a professional job, it really does look promising, and entry level business analyst starts at 30,000, then experienced gets you 65,000, id recommend it, not that ive done it or anything, but for that sort of money, i would do whatever course to get it :smile: and i have an interest in computers, did gcse ict, and currently doing 'applied ict' which isnt really beneficial as we've done no programming, but this guarantees a job&id say computers are the future in business so it will inevitably grow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending