The Student Room Group

Britons view Russia more favourably than both EU and EU Parliament

Scroll to see replies

1. I support Russia on many things but not all of them. Like any other country Russia has its issues too. Why? because Putin says it like it is and refuses to be bullied by other nations. Russia is a country willing to stand up to the USA's bully boy tactics and in my opinion that is admirable.

2. I hate the EU for numerous reasons - I love the principle of it but its a utopian dream perpetuated by people away with the fairies. It comes with some great benefits and only a fool would disagree but these are benefits that can be set up with agreements/treaties, as other countries have found discovered.

Also, EU countries, due to our population rely on us for economical reasons and the notion they'd cut us off if we withdrew from the EU is laughable. You think countries like Germany are going to stop selling Audi's in the UK because we withdrew? They'd just be self harming their own economy by doing such a thing.

We can have all the benefits of the EU without being tied into bureaucratic hypocrisy and regulations set up on our behalf by people not even ELECTED into their positions. You do realise a lot of those within the EU do not even deserve to be there right? Jobs for the boys springs to mind. Also, anyone who does anything against what they deem acceptable in the EU is replaced. How dare they speak out. If that's a democracy then someone must have redefined it between the time I last looked the word up in the dictionary and now. That, I highly doubt.

The EU is a bureaucratic dictatorship rebranded as a democracy and sold to the masses as a way of us having more freedoms, rights and free movement.

I want a Britain that puts Britain first and British people first regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, etc. and a Britain that makes all of its own laws and rights. A Britain that can do as it pleases without being tied up in red tape because of stupid bureaucracy and regulations in Brussels. That's a true democracy. Anyone who thinks the EU is a democracy is leaving in cloud cuckoo land.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If america isn't a plutocracy I don't know what is. The difference being America's plutocracy is a bit more benevolent towards its citizens.

Corruption in America is not nearly as bad, and despite what nay-sayers and cynics might think, the American dream is much more of a reality in America than it is in places like Russia.
Original post by felamaslen
Corruption in America is not nearly as bad, and despite what nay-sayers and cynics might think, the American dream is much more of a reality in America than it is in places like Russia.

A law abiding plutocracy is still a plutocracy.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
A law abiding plutocracy is still a plutocracy.

Well at least the US has civil liberties, unlike Russia...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending