The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Three BMAT unis? I'm guessing Cambridge(?) Imperial and UCL? My school doesn't allow us to apply for more than two of them. Chemistry can be pretty damn disgusting but I love organic, so I'll live. Some of the BMAT questions make me want to cry, oh my

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.. You saw my profile? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Oh my bad :colondollar: Urm well my sixth form have this medicine group were a teacher basically equips us for medicine and weve done a couple of essays on bmat. My advice would be to make sure you can time yourself and write something that is not one sided but discusses both sides.

Ah thank you :smile: That's so good! I think I should start practising soon as well.
What did you get for your cw?A

Haven't been given them back et, I've only done physics, biology is this week! I think I messed a 10 mark paper up thought! You?!
Reply 43
Hi urm what unis did you apply to and if you dont mind saying....what you got?:colondollar:

Imperial, Sheffield, Leeds, Barts.

VR 610, QR/AR 720, DA 790 = 710 average.

5.4,5.5,4A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
I applied for medicine this year, did both the UKCAT and BMAT. If anyone has any questions about them fire away :smile:

What resources did you use? Any recommendations for books/courses etc.?
Reply 45
Oi your inbox is full mate

Emptied, I tried leaving a visitor message but your settings don't let me.
Original post by TheProblematique
Ah thank you :smile: That's so good! I think I should start practising soon as well.

Hhaha you welcome :smile: Yeah its up to you the more practice the better :wink:

Original post by Futuremedic2096
Haven't been given them back et, I've only done physics, biology is this week! I think I messed a 10 mark paper up thought! You?!

Ahh right good luck :tongue: Huh 10 mark? And i got 34/40 just got the A :colondollar:

Original post by StephenNaulls
Imperial, Sheffield, Leeds, Barts.

VR 610, QR/AR 720, DA 790 = 710 average.

5.4,5.5,4A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking of applying to imperial and barts have you got places? And wow your BMAT is so good

Original post by zed963
Emptied, I tried leaving a visitor message but your settings don't let me.

Ahh right ok. Really? Thats weird anywho ill message you then
Reply 47

You're doing ISA?
Hhaha you welcome :smile: Yeah its up to you the more practice the better :wink:

:colone:
Ahh right good luck :tongue: Huh 10 mark? And i got 34/40 just got the A :colondollar:

Im thinking of applying to imperial and barts have you got places? And wow your BMAT is so good

yeah you know you do the 20 mark practical and the evaluative, then you do the 10 mark seperate one
Original post by zed963
You're doing ISA?

Yeah, thank god it's not the EMPA
Reply 50
Yeah, thank god it's not the EMPA

Yeah I guess the good thing with the ISA is that you know your grade which account for 20% of the AS level.

I'm doing the empa :frown:
yeah you know you do the 20 mark practical and the evaluative, then you do the 10 mark seperate one

Yeah yeah for chem? Yeah i got 34/40 i think :frown:
Reply 52

I'm waiting
Original post by zed963
I'm waiting

Oh crap soz :colondollar:
Reply 54
Original post by TheProblematique
What resources did you use? Any recommendations for books/courses etc.?

I used Emedica for the UKCAT and it had enough questions for me. I started doing them about 3 weeks before. Got the 600Q book but it was way harder than the actual exam (with the exception of VR and DA), and I just used past papers for BMAT.

I don't rate the courses, and I don't really like that people go on them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah yeah for chem? Yeah i got 34/40 i think :frown:

No for physics, the first chem one is this week! What are they like???
No for physics, the first chem one is this week! What are they like???

Is your exam board ocr a?! If so the evaluative is the hardest the other two are fine i mucked up the first one :frown: Good Luck :h:
Is your exam board ocr a?! If so the evaluative is the hardest the other two are fine i mucked up the first one :frown: Good Luck :h:

Certainly am
Certainly am

Yeah then what i said still counts make sure you revise hard for evaluative theres some next questions in there :colondollar:
my ukcat was VR: 570 QR: 680 AR: 900 DA: 840
Average: 747.5 and band 2 for situational judgement :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending