The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good idea
Hhaaha thankx
Reply 3
I didn't realise that we are taking those exams in about six months!!!!
How's everyone doing with their Alevels?
i'm a dental applicant and a tip for the UKCAT, start practicing early. the earlier you start, more like second nature it will become! worked for me :-)
Original post by JackTeh96

When you planning on taking UKCAT? if you are :colondollar:
Im doing alright I guess some more than others hbu?

Original post by olliverjackson
i'm a dental applicant and a tip for the UKCAT, start practicing early. the earlier you start, more like second nature it will become! worked for me :-)

Would you say would be the best time to take the UKCAT exam?
Original post by silver wanderer

Well I sat mine on the 3rd of October. but towards the end of the summer holidays is ideal. then you can practice over summer and not have to worry about it when you're back at college :-)
Reply 7
Well I sat mine on the 3rd of October. but towards the end of the summer holidays is ideal. then you can practice over summer and not have to worry about it when you're back at college :-)

When you planning on taking UKCAT? if you are :colondollar:
Im doing alright I guess some more than others hbu?

I want to take UKCAT in early summer, (preferably second week of July), so I don't need to worry it over the summer and I can focus on other aspects. Is that ideal?

Any previous UKCAT takers? How frequent is the UKCAT exam? and normally when is the UKCAT exam?

Ahh yeah thats what I thought too. Would it be a bad idea to start practising after we finish our as exams?! Thankx :smile:
I want to take UKCAT in early summer, (preferably second week of July), so I don't need to worry it over the summer and I can focus on other aspects. Is that ideal?

Any previous UKCAT takers? How frequent is the UKCAT exam? and normally when is the UKCAT exam?

good idea! focus on p.s. and experience etc. You book the date and time you want and sit it in a test centre :-) you get your results as soon as you finish

Yeah Im going to take in August probably to get it over with before A2 starts tbh. If your ready then yeah why not.
Ahh yeah thats what I thought too. Would it be a bad idea to start practising after we finish our as exams?! Thankx :smile:

focus on your exams first, then once exams are over focus on ukcat. :-)
focus on your exams first, then once exams are over focus on ukcat. :-)

Yeah ok then I Thought maybe 2 months on practising might not be enough :colondollar: Thankx :biggrin:

Hahah yeah are you planning on taking BMAT?
Meh alright i guess mocks and that havent been the greatest hbu?

Ahh okay thankx Im probably gonna take it in the hols and then see what happens :smile:
Does anyone have tips on doing well in the BMAT essay question bit? I haven't done any practise yet but I saw a few example essay questions and I didn't even understand some of the vocabulary they used. And you seem to have to have really good general knowledge.
Original post by TheProblematique
Does anyone have tips on doing well in the BMAT essay question bit? I haven't done any practise yet but I saw a few example essay questions and I didn't even understand some of the vocabulary they used. And you seem to have to have really good general knowledge.

Sorry mate who you referring to?! :colondollar:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Sorry mate who you referring to?! :colondollar:

What do you mean? Just asking a general question to anyone who may have any tips :smile:
You are so lucky!!!
Original post by TheProblematique
What do you mean? Just asking a general question to anyone who may have any tips :smile:

Oh my bad :colondollar: Urm well my sixth form have this medicine group were a teacher basically equips us for medicine and weve done a couple of essays on bmat. My advice would be to make sure you can time yourself and write something that is not one sided but discusses both sides.
Original post by foreverstrong_97
Hahah yeah are you planning on taking BMAT?
Meh alright i guess mocks and that havent been the greatest hbu?

Definitely BMAT. I think I am going for three BMAT uni, but if I got very high UKCAT, i will make it two.
I am struggling with chemistry (damn edexcel), but i am adjusting it